IntelliRope® PE 4.5
Excellent for both permanent and portable situations because PE filaments resist wear and abrasion. Excellent built-in elasticity. This 4.5mm version is less weight, lower cost and better for short-term fences.
Identical to IntelliRope® PE 6.0 except it has fewer polyethylene (PE) monofilaments.
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent & portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 4.5mm (3/16") diameter
- Portability: Very good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 750 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of the rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably Notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope. EzeReels™ can be set on the ground next to fence. MiniReels™ are best hung from the fence.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Timothy A from North Carolina
Works very well.
James D from Ohio
First time with IntelliRope. Worked very well. Previously, only used IntelliTape, which I had used exclusively. Put up an extension of a pasture for horse, near the road. Used a combination of 2 board, 1 IntelliTape between the boards, and 1 IntelliRope above the top board primarily to limit or stop the horses from cribbing. So far, so good. Had serveral compliments on how it looked coming into the farm.
Allen F from North Carolina
I like the rope, it conducts well and is lightweight. Perfect for rotational grazing. Just be forewarned that 660' does not fit well on the EZ reel as they recommend. While it fits when carefully wound when in the field it is hard to get it tight and straight and falls off the edge of the reel when full. I'd just put less rope on the reel or use a smaller diameter rope.
Maria L from Pennsylvania
I used this for my inner fence in my dirt paddocks. The rope is HOT and the horses stay off of it. It's highly visible and strong. Easy to tighten if they do bounce off it.
Mitchel G from Ohio
This product was very easy for us to work with- truly a joy after struggling with thousands of feet of high-tensile wire a few years ago. However, I would switch to 6.0mm rope if I did the project again. (I should have listened to Premier's instructions, they warn against the 4.5 being slightly less visible.) So far the horses have really respected it, and it's holding up beautifully. I can't stress how much nicer this product is to splice/tie, cut, tension, and generally work with than traditional high-tensile wire. We plan on replacing all existing fencing with a Premier rope when finances allow- a very nice product.