- 5 years probable life*
- Use for: Portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 2.25mm (12g/.09") diameter
- Portability: Excellent
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Fair
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 240 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of twine to terminal insulator.
- Unroll twine along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert twine in line posts at the right height(s) for your animals (see below).
- Attach insulators (preferably the Notched PI 21n to corner and end posts.
- Tie twine to terminal insulator at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or leave it on the reel and attach to end post.
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store twine. EzeReels™ can be set on the ground next to fence. MiniReels™ are best hung from the fence.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Windup Systems and AccessoriesItem #238000 -
Effective for winding, unwinding and storing conductors. The SupaReel is the strongest fence reel in the US.$62.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David/ K from iowa
Very workable portable fencing.
Toby or Debby D from KY
After much hard use, some of the Intellitwine I purchased in 2007 is now mostly worn out, six years later! That's a year longer life than I expected. Some of that twine even survived two major ice storms without breaking. Some is still in service and in pretty good shape. Highly visible to our cattle, lightweight enough for a woman to carry around, and hot enough to stop a ton-plus bull in his tracks, as long as it is kept hooked to a good hot charger this product works as advertised. I use it wound onto the mini-reels to divide strip paddocks into daily rations for several different groups of cattle, including some mobs of fifty cows this year. Would like to have mini-reels that are less likely to break, however.
Jeff D P from Oregon
Great product. Have dozens of 1/4 mile reels in use many more than 10 years. Probably the best all around product we have used in more than 25 years of portable electric fencing. Much more visible to livestock than back when we (like everyone) falsely thought orange was good. Durable yet light weight enough to put post 60' apart and move a flat 1/4 miles section including posts in under a half hour with supareels.
Sharon H from CA
There is a reason I now will only be getting premier twine in the future even though there are other twines a lot cheaper. But they fell apart in less than a year so they were way more expensive in the long run. Especially considering labor. The worst was some orange twine that looked OK but the wires were so bad that no electricity was getting through. I spent a while on that one looking for a contact short and finally found with a tester that there just was not any electricity getting through.
Stephen H from Texas
We have been very pleased with this intelitwine! We have used it for 3 years now and it is still holding up nice and strong. We have several thousand feet all across the farm with only 1 strand (barbed wire perimeter fences) and the cows have great respect for it. The only time we had continual complications with it was last summer when we were going through a bad drought and we weren't getting a good ground, so the cows weren't getting shocked. Other than that, if we do our part and keep it clean and free of limbs and such, it does it's part extremely well. We use a solar panel charger we bought through premier to keep it charged and it works great! We have temporary fence sections we put up around the farm and for the temporary fence we use the pigtail posts from premier. We have 7 young children and we all go out to move fence to rotate the cows together. Everyone has a job to do, wether picking up pigtail posts, rolling up the intelitwine on the reel, or setting up the new fence line. We love working as a team, and having good reliable equipment for the job makes it stress free and fun and easy to do. Thank you premier1 for your great products!