Longhorn Shearing Machine Kits
If we were in the market for a new flock shearing machine, we'd buy this machine. Will do everything our Heiniger units do, but a lower cost. 110V plug-in or 12V battery. Both are pin-drive units.
This shearing season, we had our shearing crew use the Longhorn units instead of their usual equipment. They noticed no difference between the Longhorn and their standard unit.
The handpiece is very popular for its balance, lack of heat build-up and general quality.
- XT: 555w, 110V, 60 hz, 3350 RPM
- 3.2: 12V (battery), 3200 RPM, 11aH draw
- 100 aH battery will run the 3.2 for 4-5 hours
- Pin drive
- Drives all makes of combs and 4-point cutters
- Made in England
|Longhorn XT||Longhorn 3.2|
- Shearing machine motor (battery or 110V)
- Horner SureGrip handpiece
- Three 13-tooth combs (similar to Premier's Blackhawk 94)
- Six 4-point cutters (similar to Premier's Spitfire)
- Flexible drive shaft
- Bracket adaptor
- Shearing oil
- The hand-piece one of the best we have used. Comfortable over long periods and again, very low heat build-up over time.
- The 3.2 battery unit allows for use in areas away from an outlet. Useful with flocks on the range.
- More wallet-friendly than other units for the same performance.