MiniTag Ear Tags
Reliable long-term ear tag for goats and small sheep breeds. Designed to last for the lifespan of the animal.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Preview Your Tags Online!We have upgraded our website to make ear tags easier to order. Follow the steps below to get started.
While we now show a sample of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.
- Dimensions: 1-1/16" x 1-1/8"
- 20 tags per package
- Plastic, 2-piece tag
- Made of polyurethane
- Insert tags using MiniTag, or Pro applicators.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Orange, Green, Blue and Red.
- Can be custom imprinted or handwritten on with Marking Pens.
- Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified. Scrapie approved tags are not available in blue. Flock ID number will be imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Annie P from Oregon
So pleased! These are the first tags I have ever used and I was very pleasantly surprised. Unobtrusive, small enough even for our young lambs. I used the black marking pen to write names of specific sheep and though small still had plenty of room.
Will definitely order again. We also have goats but don't use ear tags on them since they are Lamanchas :)
Blain K from Connecticut
Great quality and at even a better price for custom designed tags.
Charles F from Texas
Switched to this style ear tag for my goats last year and they are great. Not a single one has come off. I was really pleased to find, when ordering this year, that the scrapie tag # could be put on, as well as my own tagging number.
Thomas & Sharon S from Pennsylvania
Excellent service; prompt and professional.
Manuel T from California
Really good product. Not too big for their ears and real easy to put on.