MiniTag Ear Tags
Reliable long-term ear tag for goats and small sheep breeds. Designed to last for the lifespan of the animal.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.
- Dimensions: 1-1/16" x 1-1/8"
- 20 tags per package
- Plastic, 2-piece tag
- Made of polyurethane
- Insert tags using MiniTag, or Pro applicators.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Orange, Green, Blue and Red.
- Can be custom imprinted or handwritten on with Marking Pens.
- Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified. Scrapie approved tags are not available in blue. Flock ID number will be imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jennifer D from Oregon
Excellent customer service! Had to call and do a phone order as my daughter and I wanted tags sent to the same address but we have different herd IDs. They helped us and it was quick and easy. Very fast turn around as well. This is my third set of these tags and I love them.
Bruce K from Wyoming
Delivery is so fast on these little tags! They are nice and small on the ear, not sure how well they will last. They require care to get the right male and female tags paired up. They come in strips of 5 male or 5 female tags and require care to match them up correctly, especially if jumbled in the box during shipping. The mini tagger works fine but is not friendly to the hand. Tags install well except they are upside down if tagged in the lower ear. Should design a tagger to install them the right direction.
Carol W from California
Like the size, but was not told that a special applicator was needed.
Carol B from Arizona
Fast fast delivery! Tags were perfect and just what I needed for my goats. Am now ordering all my goat supplies from Premier. Very efficient!
Patti K from Oregon
Exactly as advertised, super quick delivery time!