PermaNet® 10/48/6 Electric Netting
Use PermaNet for sites that have installation problems for permanent wire fences (hills, rocks, curves, trees, no machine access). It keeps sheep and goats in and predators out. Can stop a wide range of animals.
How does it compare to our temporary nets (ElectroNet® and ElectroStop®, etc?)
- Designed to be left in one place for months or years. For this it has stronger, heavier, larger PVC posts with longer, thicker, steel spikes, supporting the net better through wind, rain, ice and snow.
- It's taller, 48"—therefore more reliable.
- It's a very good conductor (low electrical resistance). This is critical as weed contact may become heavy.
- Supplied in many lengths—to enable users to buy the right length for each situation.
Available with positive/negative (Pos/Neg) capability for high resistance fencing conditions.
|Horizontal Strands||10 (9 conductive)|
|Vertical Strands||Plastic strings, spaced every 6"|
|Roll Length||25', 50', 100' or 150'|
|Color||White/Black or Green/Black|
|Electrical Resistance||43 Ω/per 1000'|
|Line Post Options||Single Spike (SS)
Double Spike (DS)
|Line Post Material||White or Green PVC, 0.75" diameter|
|Spike Length/Diameter||8"/0.31" (SS)
|Distance Between Posts||12'5"|
|Pos/Neg (PN) Option*||100' or 150' (DS) or (SS) rolls|
|Horizontal Spacings||6", 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 8", 8", 6"
(from bottom to top)
Each roll comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
* Pos/Neg (PN) fences are recommended where the soil is very dry and/or the animals do not ground well. Two clips are used at each end. One is hooked to the energizer, the second should be connected to a ground rod.
- #206620 - $1.56 per ft (150' white roll with single spike posts)
- #206622 - $1.56 per ft (150' green roll with single spike posts)
- #206615 - $1.71 per ft (100' white roll with single spike posts)
- #206610 - $2.04 per ft (50' white roll with single spike posts)
- #206600 - $3.00 per ft (25' white roll with single spike posts)
- #206621 - $1.77 per ft (150' white roll Pos/Neg with single spike posts)
- #206616 - $1.96 per ft (100' white roll Pos/Neg with single spike posts)
- #207075 - $1.63 per ft (150' white roll with double posts)
- #206623 - $1.63 per ft (150' green roll with double spike posts)
- #207065 - $1.79 per ft (100' white roll with double spike posts)
- #207055 - $2.26 per ft (50' white roll with double spike posts)
- #207080 - $1.81 per ft (150' white roll Pos/Neg with double spike posts)
- #207070 - $2.09 per ft (100' white roll Pos/Neg with double spike posts)
Tip: When using Pos/Neg fencing, a PowerLink (see Accessories above) is recommended to attach the negative lead to the ground rod.
We suggest installing PermaNet with two people. Why? Because of its extra weight and longer posts. It can be handled, installed and removed by one person, but having another person on each end of the posts doubles the productivity and makes it easier for both.
Pushing or stepping posts into the soil is still a one-person task. And so is pulling the posts out of the soil. But these tasks take more effort because the spikes are both larger and longer. (After all, it doesn’t work to have a strong, well-supported post without large and long spikes.)
Note: Weeds must be controlled for PermaNet to remain effective. Either move and mow as needed during the growing season, or spray herbicide (see photos above) along the bottom strand of the net. If you can’t do this, PermaNet may not be the right net for you.
See PDFs and videos above for additional installation instructions.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause post spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
2023 New ProductsItem #113610 -
Solar powered 0.8 output joule energizer for electric fences. Used to contain sheep, goats, poultry, swine, cattle and horses. Effective against predators.$294.00
Energizer KitsItem #113300 -
Solar powered 0.60 joule energizer used with electric fences to contain sheep, goats, poultry, swine, cattle and horses. Effective against predators.$285.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200008 -
Repair electric net fences simply, quickly and securely. No tools required! For electric netting and other 3mm conductors.$9.50
GatesItem #340616 -
Easy access in/out of net enclosures without having to turn off the energizer!$60.00
Fence Connectors and Accessories
Repair Kit for Bear QuikFence, ElectroFence & Plus, ElectroNet (DP), ElectroStop (DP), PermaNet, Plus & Pro, PoultryNet (DP) & VersaNet 60Item #201730 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #206503 -
Replacement clip designed for the steel spikes on posts.$0.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jocelyn K from Virginia
I have been so pleased with the electric fencing we’ve purchased from Premier 1. This is our second purchase and we went with PermaNet (150 ft). We purchased 4 rolls to create two paddocks to rotate our small herd in. I’m a 5'2" 41 year old woman and was easily able to set up the fencing by myself. We purchased extra support posts as this fencing will remain in place for several years.
Joel F from Indiana
I want to thank you all so much for such a great quality product. I got more than what I paid for when I bought the PermaNet 10/48/6 and have had no issues. Came home today to find this: Top had fallen out the tree and “U” shaped the post. I got the top off and straightened the post and put the fence back up all in about 3 minutes. Didn’t lose one goat and we are back to business as normal. Thanks for a great product!
Tim B from Indiana
I love this fence! I have six, 150 foot sections I use for my cows and it works great. I use a Premier 1 charger and get plenty of voltage. It is so flexible and moves easily.
Rachel M from Iowa
I was very impressed with the fencing. It is a bit heavy to move, however it is more sturdy than the smaller/shorter fence.
Milynda M from Pennsylvania
I am a first time Premier 1 fence user. This fence is amazing and sooo simple to install. I am able to move and install 450 ft of this on my own with no issues I am absolutely amazed! I wish I would have purchased this years ago when I first got into goats.