PoultryNet® 12/48/3 Electric Netting
A prefabricated, portable electric fence that has 12 horizontal strands (11 conductive), is 48" tall installed and has string verticals every 3". Built-in line posts are spaced every 10'.
Keeps in chickens, ducks, geese and other poultry while keeping their ground-based predators out. Recommended for active, flighty birds. The taller 48" net is more likely to discourage large predators such as coyotes and dogs.
Arrives to your door as a preassembled fence. One roll (164 ft) weighs only 24 lbs. You will need a fence energizer to electrify the net.
Which PoultryNet® is right for you?We offer many fences to fit your situation, including complete kits, different heights and lengths, multiple colors, drivable posts and positive/negative options for dry soils. Visit this link to compare all PoultryNet options.
No extra gates needed. Just turn off the energizer and pull the first post to create an opening. For added convenience, a PoultryNet® Gate can be used to provide easy access without the need to turn the energizer off.
- Contain and control the movement of chickens, ducks and other poultry on a daily or weekly basis.
- Rotate poultry to fresh grass as a food source and to reduce disease risks.
- Keep small flocks in the backyard. When managed well, chickens are an indispensable garden tool—turning pesky insects and weeds into rich compost.
- Keeps out deer, bear, raccoons, rabbits, foxes, coyotes, stray dogs and skunks.
- Can be used to contain and control livestock other than poultry, such as sheep, goats, cattle and guard dogs.
- 48" tall installed
- 12 horizontal strands (11 conductive)
- Horizontals are white and black. Visible for humans and animals against all backgrounds.
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 2", 2", 2", 2", 4", 4", 4", 6", 6", 8", 8"
- Verticals are white plastic strings placed every 3"
- Line posts (0.60" dia.) are available with a single spike (SS) or double spike (DS)
- Line posts are made from PVC and are spaced every 10'
- Post spikes are 6" long and 0.26" dia.
- Available in 82' or 164' lengths
- 35 ohms of resistance per 1000'
Each roll comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
- #201825 - $1.07 per ft (164' roll with single spike posts)
- #201820 - $1.48 per ft (82' roll with single spike posts)
- #207015 - $1.13 per ft (164' roll with double spike posts)
- #207010 - $1.68 per ft (82' roll with double spike posts)
See PDFs and videos above for additional installation instructions.
Electric fence is a pain barrier, not a physical barrier. A common mistake is not electrifying it. Animals may escape or become entangled (and may die). On a % basis, entanglement is very rare, but it can and does occur. If animals are scared or starved it will not keep them in. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Netting must be moved when tall grass covers the lower “hot” strands. The alternative? Apply a strip of herbicide to kill vegetation.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause post spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.
With PoultryNet, the bottom hot wire can slip off of the plastic portion of the end posts onto the metal spikes. This will cause a dead short and no energy will be on the fence. Unhook the energizer and slide the hot wire back onto the post. Reconnect the energizer to the net and test.
Posts and AccessoriesItem #202202 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$2.32
Posts and AccessoriesItem #207012 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$2.80
Item #201710 -$2.00
Item #200800 -$0.12
Item #202203 -$0.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Katharine L from Florida
A great fence product! This is our second electric net fence purchase from Premier, but our third ENF purchase in 8 years. Our first was from the OTHER company and it was vastly inferior to Premier because of the way the posts in the other companies fence were Incorporated and the netting was cheaper quality. We have since sold that one and will be ordering more soon, to complete our rotational grazing plans! Thanks guys!
Ron J from California
Great product! Bought it for our flock of chickens and it works great! Easy to put up, take down, and move. Keeps EVERYTHING from creeping in or out. Worth the price! Thanks!
William H from South Carolina
Just purchased 3 of these for our hens. They work great and easy to put up. They are pricey but worth it. Thanks.
Samuel S from Virginia
Netting is great-but double spikes was a waste of money (bend easy). Ordered net fence and gate-did not come in as same size. Would recommend and buy again but maybe not the most expensive as before. Gate net size was larger than fence.
David H from Texas
After losing multiple chickens to bobcats, coyotes, fox, raccoons, feral cats n dogs and opossums, I purchased the Premier poultry netting. So far, so good, zero losses. Installation was easy and the netting energized with a jumper right over from an existing perimeter hot fence. A real quality product!