Premier Coarse Clipping Blade Set
- Ranch dogs
- Beef & Dairy cattle (peeling)
- 17 tooth, top blade
- 18 tooth, bottom blade
- 0.12" cutting depth
- Blades come to you in our Premier Blade Box
Blade Exchange—SAVE $17 PER BLADE SET!
- How do you save $17 a set? Exchange any used, dull or rusted Lister® blade set for a new Premier blade set for only $33 (plus shipping). You save $10 (compared to a new blade set) plus a $7 cost to resharpen the used Lister blades. Note: Super Surgical and XtraCover blade sets can be included in the offer. Super Surgicals will be $47 and XtraCovers will be $35.
- Must it be an exact upgrade? No. Any Lister® blade may be exchanged for any Premier blade.
- Why only Lister® blades?
Because they are the only blades that interchange (fit the same machines) with Premier blades.
Note: We will not ship these new blades until we receive your old Lister set(s). Reshipping cost still applies.
- Enter #868600 in the Catalog Quick Order (at the top left side of Premier's home page).
- Go to your Shopping Cart.
- A "Laser Imprinting" item will be listed in your shopping cart.
- In the Customization field, tell us exactly what you would like imprinted on your blade.
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #828001 -
For precise removal of fleece and hair. Easy to set up and tension. A powerful, lightweight, cool and quiet motor delivers more torque to the clipper blades.$332.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Stephen L from Calilforna
I have 2 dirty, matted, full of burs, ranch dogs and this clipper and blade set worked amazingly well on them. Thanks.
Amanda B from Wisconsin
I love this product. I was looking for something to shear my sheep without causing so many cuts as I’m new to shearing. Even though this is for slick shearing I fully sheared 7 ewes with no problem and they look great! I will definitely be buying a second set for when we get more sheep.
Matthew M from Nevada
Gary K from Washington
We have always had superior success with coarse blades for our llamas from single coat silkies through serious double coated short haired classics. And while I probably shouldn't admit this, even when the llamas haven't been washed or blown out prior to shearing, careful use of portable compressor air to blow out the dirt and regular oiling still manages to allow us to average 5-7 llamas per blade set. MORE IMPORTANTLY is the quality of re-sharpening services provided and the quality of the blades post re-sharpening. Third, I really appreciate the dating stamp on the combs. With 30+ sets of blades of varying ages, it really helps us know which sets are quite probably reaching end of life. Only so many times you can have blades sharpened.
Ruth H from Wisconsin
This blade and cutter set did a beautiful job on our black, soft-haired llama Carlos. But then couldn't handle the coarse hair and dirt of our white llama-pig Calypso. Will need to have several sets on hand to get through his mess!