Q-flex® 5 Ear Tags
Largest ear tag in our Q-flex line—very easy to read. For adult sheep only.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Preview Your Tags Online!We have upgraded our website to make ear tags easier to order. Follow the steps below to get started.
While we now show a sample of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.
- Dimensions: 1.63" x 1.88"
- 20 tags per package
- Polyurethane, 2-piece tag
- Insert tags using Q-flex, Pro or Allflex® applicators.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Spearmint, Salmon, Pink, Lime, Black, Blue, Fuchsia, Red, Green, Gray, Purple and Orange.
- Can be custom imprinted or handwritten on with Marking Pens.
- Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified. Scrapie approved tags are not available in blue. Flock ID number will be imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Gary & Sandy S from Pennsylvania
We have been tagging sheep for almost 20 years. We have been using the Q-Flex 5 tags since they first became available. We rate tags on just a few characteristics: ease of application, readability, durability, and tendency to stay in the ears. We find the Q-Flex 5 ranks highly in all of those characteristics.
Heidi V from California
Great tags! Super fast shipment.
Kevin F from Colorado
The tags are great. We get them customized. Premier 1 does a GREAT job with the logo and getting them out quickly.
Sandy M from Arizona
The fastest turn around. Unexpected within-a-week of ordering. I love dealing with Premier 1!
Ron & Sindi W from Indiana
Exactly what we ordered and expected.