How to Use
- Female tags will need to be separated from male tags.
- Place the female cap of the tag completely under the spring fingers of the applicator. If numbered, the numbers will be down and the tag will extend away from the tagger. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. If numbered, the numbers will be up and the tag will extend away from the tagger.
- Before you try to insert the tag into the ear, gently squeeze the applicator together to ensure that both the male and female tags are aligned.
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator, positioning the male tag on the back side of the ear. Make sure the tag is correctly place.
- Grip the ear quickly and firmly at the proposed position of the tag. Place the point of the tag in contact with the ear close to your thumb. This allows you to feel the vein therefore avoiding it. Completely close the applicator until the tag is inserted through the ear and the female side of the tag.
How-to: Insert Ear Tags in Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing, plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff). Forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
ApplicatorsItem #6300880 -
Used for applying all styles of Q-flex ear tags. Powder coated aluminum won't rust.$5.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Ron & Sindi W from Indiana
We had forgotten to replace our pin a year ago and it made it much more difficult to get the ear tags in the ears. Looking forward to an easier process with the new pin.
Van F from Georgia
Quality construction and great price!
Jamie M from New York
QFlex tags are very snug in this applicator. After having to squeeze a couple times in order to get the tagger to break through the ear to clip together. After releasing I had to forcefully pull applicator to detach from tag itself on sheep's ear. Ended up taking a screw driver to widen the bottom of this applicator so tags can slide in and out a lot better without force. Otherwise have some good arm muscle to use this.
Craig L from Illinois
Works as expected.
Brent & Samuel J from North Carolina
Pins seem to bend easy.