Ear tag applicator for installing all styles of Q-flex® visual ear tags.
- Powder-coated aluminum resists wear over years of use
- Retention clip keeps tag in place, essential when tagging ornery stock
- Not cumbersome; handles easily for precise tag placement
Use to install the following tags:
How to Use
- Female tags will need to be separated from male tags.
- Place the female cap of the tag completely under the spring fingers of the applicator. If numbered, the numbers will be down and the tag will extend away from the tagger. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. If numbered, the numbers will be up and the tag will extend away from the tagger.
- Before you try to insert the tag into the ear, gently squeeze the applicator together to ensure that both the male and female tags are aligned.
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator, positioning the male tag on the back side of the ear. Make sure the tag is correctly place.
- Grip the ear quickly and firmly at the proposed position of the tag. Place the point of the tag in contact with the ear close to your thumb. This allows you to feel the vein therefore avoiding it. Completely close the applicator until the tag is inserted through the ear and the female side of the tag.
Tag placement is critical to success!For maximum retention and the lowest risk of bleeding and infection, place ear tags in either of the two spots shown in the illustration below. The goal is about 2-3 inches from the head of the animal.
TIP: Inserting Tags in Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing, plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff). Forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
ApplicatorsItem #6300880 -
Tool for applying all styles of Q-flex visual ear tags. Powder-coated aluminum won’t rust.$5.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Denise T from Maine
The woman at customer service noted I had ordered the wrong applicator for the tags I ordered. She changed the order to this product, and it was easy to operate and to feel the pinch when the applicator worked. Perhaps Premier might include one blank tag to allow the provider to experience the feel of the pinch prior to applying it. Of course, I could have wasted a numbered tag, but did not want to.
Carol T from Texas
Great tag applicator. Easy to use.
Nicole S from South Dakota
This tagger seems to be good quality. It is heavy metal that I think will last forever. Directions for loading the tagger are easy to follow.
Crystal T from Alabama
I ordered the wrong applicator for the ear tags I ordered. A lady from Premier called me and let me know it was the wrong one and helped me in getting the right one. No company has ever done this! I greatly appreciate it!
Brendon F from California
Applicator is fine. Shipped like a Chinese firearm from the 80s. Came in a plastic bag and in a braclet box and a ton of oil on it. I would not leave it in the bed of a truck or glove compartment of a side by side. It held tags secure and popped em right in.