QuikClean Chick Brooder
Brood chicks up to 5–6 weeks of age. Chicks have freedom of movement within the secure brooder to move closer (or away from) their heat source, which can be either a heat lamp or heating plate. Slotted, wire floor allows feces to fall through to a removable collection tray.
- Hinged lid opens for easy access
- Quick, simple clean-up using the catch-all tray
- Keep your chicks warm using a heat lamp or a heating plate (up to 12" x 12")
- Keep chicks contained and protected from predators, even during their “flappy” stage
- Included heat lamp support provides 31-1/2" of clearance and can swivel when opening lid
New! All-in-one QuikClean Chick Brooder Kit arrives with the needed items to simplify your chick rearing. (Learn more below.)
- Included heat lamp support securely holds a heat lamp (not included) overhead
- Heating plates (up to 12" x 12") fit inside for those not using heat lamps
- Most 8" tall or shorter feeders and waterers fit within the brooder
- Galvanized metal construction resists corrosion
- Ventilated top and sides (approx. 0.5" dia. holes) allows for heat to enter and circulate
- Assembled: 39"L x 19"W x 24"H
- Inside the brooder: 37"L x 17-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H
- Wire floor openings: 6"L x 1/4"W
- Slide-out catch tray/pan: 1-1/2"D
- Capacity when using...
- Galvanized metal construction with holes for ventilation
- Included heat lamp support:
- 31-1/2" (from top of brooder to the bottom of the heat lamp support)
- 55" (from floor to bottom of the heat lamp support)
- Assembly is required
- Made in Spain
New! QuikClean Chick Brooder Kit includes:
- (1) QuikClean Chick Brooder
- (1) Prima Heat Lamp with 250W clear bulb
- (1) Classic Waterer
- (1) Saturn 3 Feeder
Just add chicks (or keets, ducklings, and more!)
Healthy Coop™ litter additive speeds the breakdown of organic waste, which can also reduce odor and harmful bacteria.
Add FlockLeader™ ARRIVE™ to the chick's waterer to supplement essential proteins and nutrients and to help control Pasty Butt, Diarrhea, and pathogens like Salmonella and Coccidia.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Eric T from Georgia
Nice brooder. A little too short for my ducklings and lost 2 baby chicks when their feet got stuck between the wire floor. Fixed that by covering the bottom with 1/4" steel mesh. Says will hold 30 chicks, but I wouldn’t put more than a dozen or so in it.
Donna M from Oklahoma
I really like this brooder. I have it in my house. It took me awhile to put it together due to daily interruptions. I modified it and wired a light inside the lid. There is gap in the back were feces can fall through, so I bought 36 inch by 30 in underpads at Walmart. I folded the underpads to hang a little over the back of the slide in drawer and added 2 small sheets of paper towels on the other end. It is easy to clean. I only had to use a 72 watt bulb wiring it on the inside. I still like the ability to be able to hang a light on the outside. I may move it out in the hen house!
Brian L from Tennessee
I love that the heat lamp has a place to hang so that the chicks can stay warm, yet have a place on the other side to get away from the heat if necessary. The slide out tray makes cleaning shavings very easy. We put ours on a table so that it’s tall enough to peak in on the chicks without having to bend over. Easy to construct and maintain.
Robert G from Missouri
Quick ship, received and easy to put together… was lucky I had spare nuts and bolts around to actually get completed. Good size and I think once I get chicks in it, it’ll work great!
Jennifer L from Indiana
Great brooder. Only gave a 4 star rating because it didn’t include all the hardware. It was easily taken care of by going to my local hardware store and buying 6 bolts. More annoying than anything.