Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters.
Rapid turnaround—When most of us need sharp gear, we needed it "yesterday". So we sharpen most blades and combs in 24 hours. (Allow an extra day in June, July and August.)
How to send us your combs, cutters or blades:
- Fill out Premier's Professional Sharpening Services form (above).
- Wrap your items securely and place in a box for shipping. Be sure to include your completed form in the box.
- Return shipping will be charged as follows: For any number of comb/cutters or blades under 4.5 lbs the set cost is $7.00. If over 4.5 lbs the set cost is $10.00. Premier will return ship via ground service. If you want an air service please call for a quote.
- Send the box to us by mail or other delivery service:
Premier Sharpening Dept. 2031 300th Street Washington, IA 52353Call us if you have questions: 800-282-6631.
- Large and Small Clipper Blades
- Price assumes clean, undamaged, rust-free blades made by Premier, Lister, Oster, Aesculap, Andis or Wahl. Large Blade Sets (#868800), Small Blade Sets (#868400)
- Shearing Combs
- Price assumes clean, undamaged, rust-free combs made by Premier, Lister, Oster, Heiniger, Super Shear with 9, 10, 13, 17, 19, 20, 23, 24 or 25 teeth. (#870000)
- Shearing Cutters
- Price assumes clean, undamaged, rust-free cutters made by Premier, Lister, Oster, Heiniger, Super Shear with 3, 4 or 9 teeth. (#869000)
- Hand Shears
- We sharpen any type of hand shears. (#869100)
Please indicate what you would like engraved on them and include payment with your next resharpening service. This service may delay reshipping by one day. We can engrave up to 4 lines and 18 characters per line on the bottom blade of a clipper blade set. On top blades, combs and cutters we can do initials only.
Precision finish…Most large clipper blades are sharpened on automated machines. Blades for camelids are double ground for a superior edge (if requested). Combs and cutters are sharpened on high-speed grinding wheels by our sharpening experts.
How good is our service?Good enough that we now sharpen over 50,000 blades, combs and cutters a year.
Premier Blade ExchangeOur offer—exchange a used, dull or rusted Lister® blade set for a new Premier blade set for only $31 (plus shipping). You save $17!
- How do you save $17 a set? You save $10 off a new blade set from Premier (they retail for $41) plus the $7 resharpening fee on the used blades.
- Must it be an exact upgrade? Fine blades for fine blades? No. Any Lister® blade may be exchanged for any Premier Surgical, Fine, Medium or Coarse blade in any combination (i.e. a Premier Fine for a Lister Medium). Note: Super Surgical and XtraCover blade sets can be included in the offer. Super Surgicals will be $45 and XtraCovers will be $33.
- Why only Lister® blades? Because they are the only blades that interchange (fit the same machines) with Premier blades.
- We will not ship these new blades until we receive your old Lister® set(s). Reshipping cost still applies.
- To recondition and/or fix severe rust—$2.50 per set additional charge. (#868801)
- Applies to blade sets, combs or cutters that have been damaged by other's sharpening and thus requires extra time on our machine. Also applies to severely rusted blade sets, combs or cutters.
- To clean dirty blades or remove light rust—$1.00 additional charge on each piece. (#870100)
- Applies to blades, combs or cutters sent to us that show light rust or still have dirt, wool, hair or lanolin upon them.
- Double grinding blades/combs for llamas and alpacas—$1.00/per bottom blade of clipper sets and combs only. (#868802)
- An edge that works for sheep, cattle and horses often disappoints those clipping or shearing llamas and alpacas. It takes double the grinding and lapping time to get blades and combs "right" for this purpose. It will save you time and hassle in the end if we know your needs and take the time to get them right for you.
Most common problem?Failure to lubricate blades and cutters often enough with a #10 white clipping oil.
Why don’t users oil more often?
- They assume water (in wet wool) is a lubricant. It isn’t.
- They fear excess oil will stain white wool or hair. Prevent this by putting only 3 drops of a white oil on the blade or tips. Run the machine for 3 seconds. Wipe away any surplus oil. Resume work.
Why is rust a concern?
- Rusted blades and combs are harder to push through fiber.
- Rusted blades/combs/cutters won’t hold an “edge.” Blades are made of high carbon steel. It will rust in hours. The weak acid from your fingers on blade/comb steel will cause rusting within 24 hours. So it’s critical, after every use, to clean blades with hot water, dry and coat them with real oil (not spray-on coolants).
Spray coolants or lubricants?Coolants lower blade/comb/head temperatures...but they are not lubricants. They do not reduce friction. So always use coolants in addition to, not in lieu of, high-quality oil.
Premier is not responsible for keeping orders separate when sending in multiple orders in one box.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Angela E from NC
I mailed my blades in to have sharpened thinking they would do a very professional job but when I recieved them, they were not very sharp. The blades only lasting through one clipping. I would not waste my money sending them to this company. I called in to report it and they transferred me to the voice mail of the lady who does the clipping and I never received a call back. This is very unprofessional.
Justin S from Michigan
Very fast turnaround. Excellent customer service. Very sharp, and packaged nicer than any other I've ever seen. We will definitely be using Premier again next year for resharpening.
Donna S from New Mexico
Premier always gives very fast turnaround, always returns blades in our original packaging, sharpening service is excellent. We have tried to have them sharpened locally to save a few bucks but it was not worth it. We wound up sending them to Premier anyway before we could use them. We have been satisfied with everything we have purchased from Premier. Great company.
BILL R from Central California
Our fair was almost on us before I realized that I needed to have our clipper blades sharpened.
I shipped 3 sets of blades from San Luis Obispo CA on Tuesday. I sent them UPS & they took a week to get to Premier. Premier sharpened them & had them shipped Priority Mail the same day. The package was in my mail box on Friday morning. As usual Premier's turnaround time & work was exceptional.
What I did learn here is to use the Post office when I send my blades in. The USPS only cost $5 compared to the $12 I paid UPS to ship them there & Priority mail was 5 days faster.
Gary K from WA
As with all your sharpening services, turnaround was as expected, and a solid review of the condition of my blades revealed a comb that needed replacing. A call was made before replacing as would be expected. Return shipping was timely however for the first time in 10 years, the packaging was less than adequate and one blade box arrived open with cutter and comb inside the shipping box rather than in its storage box. No damage was done. Stuff happens.