- Made of UV stabilized polycarbonate, which is less likely to break than polypropylene handles.
- Internal compression springs instead of expansion springs (prone to stretching).
- All metal parts are stainless steel--won't rust.
- Larger hand grips for a safer hold.
- Choice of 2 colors. Black is perhaps the most durable. White is most visible against grass.
- Turn off the energizer.
- Attach SafeHandle to conductor by inserting it into the eyelet end of handle. Then, either tie a knot in the conductor or use a specific connector (sold separately) to attach conductor to handle.
- Place the hook end into activator (either a wood-post or steel-post activator, sold separately).
- Make the electrical connection to the activator with an insulated wire (sold separately).
See downloadable pdf above.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tom P from Md
Love these handles! They take some abuse and hold up well.
An effective, well-insulated gate handle at a great price. If you need a good gate handle that you can easily see in tall grass, this is the handle for you.
I strongly dislike working around electrified fences/gates, so when I first tried a SafeHandle I felt safe unhooking an electrified wire. I will never purchase another brand. The only one I've had to replace just couldn't take being driven over. I also use these as an emergency splice in temporary fences if a wire breaks/burns through and I don't have an easy way to get the slack I need to tie the ends together.