Use scent caps as a method to attract deer and other wildlife to a fence. To be used as an aid to train animals that the fence is energized.
Scent caps are metal pop bottle caps with cotton inside them and a strand of soft wire for wrapping around the rope or netting. After caps are attached, apply 1 to 3 drops of Apple Scent.
- Aluminum cap
- Aluminum wires
- 1" wide cap
- Cotton ball included
How to Use
- Use one cap every 50 to 100 feet, depending on how much animal pressure there is in the area.
- Attach scent caps after the fence is constructed (but before turning on energizer).
- Straighten aluminum wires and hold cap (cotton side down) to bottom side of rope.
- Wrap aluminum wires around rope at least 3 times on each side of cap to create a good electrical connection.
- Twist cap upward and apply 1 to 3 drops of scent (sold separately), then twist down
- Reapply every 10 to 30 days.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Marilee W from New York
Caps are easy to install and replenish with scent. Trying to discourage deer to avoid another bout with meningeal worm (endemic to deer with slugs and snails being the vectors transmitting to sheep). Have not seen deer since installing the caps and replenishing scent frequently. Thanks for an easier solution than the old peanut butter on aluminum foil trick!
Preston H from Kentucky
The rope and 35" step-on support stakes were extremely easy to install for rabbit control in my garden. Tested and received 8000 pulsating volts. Wonderful application for small animals.
I have been gardening the same spot for almost 40 years. Only occasionally did I have problems with deer and that was mostly minor- trampling a few plants, knocking over tomato cages, nibbling plants. I could live live with it. It all changed last year. The previous year beans were were planted on the adjoining 50 a then corn last year. The deer cleaned me out- ate EVERYTHING in the garden. I built a 4'woven wire fence with a high tensile wire at the top, then ordered the bait caps. The deer were still getting in the garden. Since putting the caps on, I have seen no signs of deer! HURRAY!