- 25 years probable life
- white/black/white color
- 1/4" diameter
- Very good visible
- Fair portability
- 41 ohms per 1000 ft
- 1800 lb breaking strength
- Polyester--more resistant to ultraviolet light
- 3 tinned copper and 3 stainless steel filaments are intertwined
Conductors can be prewound (#237950 see above) onto an EzeReel, EzeReel XL or SupaReel for $3.00. Conductor sold separately and must be on the same invoice as the reel
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n, see accessories tab above) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink 2.0. (Note: If the run of the fence is 1000' or more, use a P-Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.)
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000 volts.
- For Sheep: 3-strand fence--35", 24", 12"
- For Cattle: 3-strand fence--40", 27", 15"
- For Horses: 2-strand fence--48", 24"
- For Gardens: 2-strand fence--15", 6"
- For Deer:
5-strand fence--36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
2-strand fence--34", 22"
2-strand fence--48", 30"
3-D fence--inside: 48", 18"; outside: 34"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kim & Richard F from Iowa
I've been using Endura Soft for a permanent deer fence for about 15 years. I recently bought another roll for repair work. The fence didn't wear out but accidents with mowers and controlled burns have required some patching that used up what was left from original installation. Also adding a 4th ground wire so the fence is effective in snow used up a lot. Repairs only require tying the ends, it is soft and easy to handle. The deer seem to easily see it.
I had one strand of Endurasoft tied to a 6ft T-post. Long story but the Endurasoft got pulled hard enough to snap the T-post clean off where it entered the ground without any damage to the rope. It hasn't been up long enough to see how it holds up to our winters, but everyone who sees it loves it. So soft but really carries the electric well.
Seems to work.
Seth W from Nebraska
Fantastic product! Originally bought Endurasoft 5 years ago for our first horse pasture - when we added a second pasture this spring, we didn't even consider another product. Our original fence from 5 years ago still looks brand-new and we've had no issues with it (we've had trees fall on it - other than the post connector breaking, the fence line itself held). Very easy to install. We use 3 strands and the horses have never had an issue with it - the black/white visibility is great during the cold winter months and very easy to see in the summer too. Will continue to purchase in the future.
Peter D from CA
Very soft rope, easy to handle.
Rather low twist on the strands, so that some nodes form when one strand twists up on the other two.
Durability is TBD.