Excellent for all permanent electrified rope fences.
Consists of 4 tinned copper filaments twisted around first-quality polyester filaments. Polyester, the same filaments as in EnduraSoft® 6.0, is noted for its inherent high resistance to UV light degradation.
- 25 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Fair
- Conductivity: 48 ohms per 1000 feet (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper
- Number of conductive filaments: 4
- Ability to be seen by animals: Good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyester—more resistant to ultraviolet light
- Ability to resist mildew: Fair
- Breaking strength: 1800 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of the rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink 2.0. (Note: If the length of the fence is 1000' feet or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of just of just one.)
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000 volts.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—45", 24"
- 5-strand fence—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Joshua B from Missouri
Bought this back in Feb 2016, we put up 3 lines to keep in Scottish Highland cattle. This was the easiest fence I ever put up in my life, the cows haven't gotten out even once, they don't even test it. The rope looks as good as the day I put it up and it's ridiculously easy to maintain. The only downside is the price, but it's still cheaper than wire fence and laughable easy to put up... no tractor, no fence stretcher, all it took was a couple hand tools. I paid Premier1 for the fence and feel like I owe them a favor!
Tamara W from Illinois
Great quality, easy to install, looks great! Love it so much we are replacing all of our high tensile wire fence for our horses with it!
Joel R from Minnesota
Very pleasant to handle and easy to make connections. Same breaking strength as Electrobraid without the need to use copper connectors throughout the fence. I like it better than my Endurasoft rope and will be using Intellibraid in future fence projects
Mary Sue S from Colorado
This IntelliBraid is a great product. It is a quality item, easy to work with, doesn't unravel, is easy for the animals to see and keeps our mules in the fence. We are very happy and impressed with the quality.
Absolutely dissatisfied. Terrible construction. Began coming apart and breaking within the first month I put it up. Had to take it down and use another product.