Sheep & Goat Net 9/35/7
A budget-friendly, prefabricated fence that has 9 horizontal twines (8 conductive); is 35" tall installed, and has string verticals every 7".
White PVC posts are built into the mesh every 13.6 ft. The result, when energized properly, is a nearly impenetrable mesh to sheep, goats, coyotes and dogs.
How does it compare to ElectroNet®?
- Weaker posts spaced further apart (13.6' vs. 12.5').
- Has string verticals every 7" instead of plastic struts every 12". String is more prone to sagging but the closer vertical spacing is better for controlling foxes, lambs and goat kids.
- Has 10 times more electrical resistance (380 Ω/1000 ft) so it's less suited for fences more than 500 ft long.
- Yellow color is not as visible against all backgrounds as white/black.
New for 2022! Now available as a Pos/Neg fence for dry, sandy or rocky conditions. Ideal for situations when there is too little moisture in the soil to properly ground the fence.
|Sheep & Goat
Sheep & Goat
|Horizontal Strands||9 (8 conductive)|
|Vertical Strands||Plastic strings spaced every 7"|
|Pos/Neg (PN) Option*||✘||✔|
|Electrical Resistance||380 Ω/per 1000'|
|Line Post Options||Single Spike (SS)|
|Line Post Material||White PVC, 0.51" diameter|
|Distance Between Posts||13.6'||6.8'|
|Horizontal Spacings||5", 3.5", 3.5", 3.5", 3.5", 5", 5", 6"
(from bottom to top)
|Cost||$0.71 per foot||$1.38 per foot|
Each roll comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
* Pos/Neg (PN) fences are recommended where the soil is very dry and/or the animals do not ground well. Two clips are used at each end. One is hooked to the energizer, the second should be connected to a ground rod.
Tip: When using Pos/Neg fencing, a PowerLink is recommended to attach the negative lead to the ground rod.
It is best to have animals trained to electric fencing before you turn them out in the net only. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause posts to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed.
Start by measuring the voltage at the end of the fence line. If the voltage is below 3000V, follow these steps to determine if the problem is with the fence, or the energizer.
Test the energizer first!
- Turn off the energizer.
- Disconnect the wires going to the fence and ground stake/rod.
- Turn the energizer back on.
- Measure the voltage on the energizer between the two terminals (positive and negative) with a digital voltmeter or other high-voltage tester. Touch one end to “-“ (earth terminal) and the other end to “+” (fence terminal). The reading tells you how well the energizer is working without any other variables.
- If the tester reads below 5000V, then the energizer (or possibly the battery) is the problem. If the voltage is above 5000V, then the trouble lies with your fence.
If the fence is at fault:
- Conductors touching another wire, steel post or the soil
- Broken or damaged insulators
2023 New ProductsItem #113610 -
Solar powered 0.8 output joule energizer for electric fences. Used to contain sheep, goats, poultry, swine, cattle and horses. Effective against predators.$294.00
Energizer KitsItem #113300 -
Solar powered 0.60 joule energizer used with electric fences to contain sheep, goats, poultry, swine, cattle and horses. Effective against predators.$285.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200008 -
Repair electric net fences simply, quickly and securely. No tools required! For electric netting and other 3mm conductors.$9.50
GatesItem #340611 -
Easy access in/out of electric net fence enclosures without having to turn off the energizer. Perfect for sheep or goat paddocks. 35" tall installed.$50.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200700 -
Replaces lost or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.51" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.16
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200800 -
Clips fits to the spikes on standard electrified netting posts. Keeps bottom black strand in place and tensioned.$0.15
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
In order to receive a shock from a Pos/Neg fence, the animal must touch both a positive (hot) and negative (grounded) strand at the same time. This will deliver more pain to the animal than an all hot net (Pos/Pos) because moisture in the soil is not required to complete the circuit.
James S from Pennsylvania
Easy setup! Worked well for the pigs. Not so well for goats, they got zapped and jumped it or got tangled in it. Will have to put it inside the 5 ft wire fence to train them. It will be great when we can have moving paddocks so they can clean out brush!
Emily H from Oregon
So far I've been really happy with this netting! I've been using it for about 3 weeks to move a group of sheep, goats, and a calf around It's worked great! Easy to set up, easy to move around. I have two rolls connected to each other using a 2 joule solar charger and it stays hot no problem. Some extra support is needed at the corner areas which I expected. Highly recommend and will be purchasing more as our herd grows!
George G from Illinois
My sheep netting fence has preformed quite well so far. turns the sheep and has kept out the local stray dogs as well.
Be sure to mow/weed eat a path on the line where the fence will go. Makes it much easier to install and it will do a much better job of turning the animals.
Paul M from Kansas
Mary H from North Dakota
Easy, Quick setup, works perfectly.