Speedrite 1000 Energizer
Advanced low impedance electric fence energizer offers uncompromising performance and a no-nonsense approach to livestock control.
Dual purpose: can be plugged in or used with a 12V battery. This unit offers unique power settings with different pulse rates to help conserve battery power and make the fences safer for unknowing visitors.
Batteries sold separately.
- 2 mile of 3 strand cattle fence
- 3/4 mile of a 5-7 strand sheep fence
- 10 of the 164' sheep/goat nets
- 4-5 of the 164' poultry nets
- Requires a grounding system. Inadequate grounding is the most common failure in an electric fence system. We recommend 3 ft. of grounding for this energizer.
- To operate as a solar energizer, run the unit as a battery unit (DC) and attach a solar panel to charge the battery. (10-20 watt panel recommended.)
- 1.4 stored joules
- 1 released joules
- 0.87 joules in moist soils
- .35 joules in dry soils
- 110V plug-in adapter with a 6' cord and a 12V battery adapter
- Wiring harness to connect energizer to fence and energizer to ground rod
- Includes an on/off switch
- Draw from a 12V battery is 90 milliampere(mA) per hour when set on the 'fast pulse' setting and 53mA when set to the 'slow pulse' setting. With this energizer a 12V 100 ampere hour, deep cycle battery will last 28* days when set on the fast setting and 47* days when set on the low setting. *Assumes being drawn down to 40% between charges.
- Draws 1 watt per hour.
- Indicator lights show output voltage and battery condition.
- Has 4 pulse settings to adapt to various situations
- Slow setting-approximately 2.5 seconds between pulses. Use where unknowing visitors may accidentally touch the fence or where livestock/predator pressure is low. 25 pulses per minute.
- Fast-day and slow at night. Use when pressure is higher during the day than at night (diurnal livestock).
- Fast-night and slow during the day. Use for nocturnal livestock and predators or when visitors are more likely to be around.
- Fast setting-Pulse rate is approximately 1.5 seconds. Use when animal pressure is great and where no visitors may contact the fence. 40 pulses per minute.
- Versatile, can be used as a plug-in energizer or as a battery energizer.
- Adapts from one style to the other in a few seconds.
- Easily moved around.
- Quickly mounts to a wall or fence post.
- The decision is yours as to pulse rate and battery consumption based on your needs.
To use the energizer as a plug-in unit:The energizer can be mounted either inside or outside of a building, but not where there is risk of fire. The energizer must be mounted vertically. Protect the energizer from direct rainfall.
- Connect an insulated cable (stripped back 1 - 2" on ends) to the fence terminal on energizer, run the cable to the fence line and connect, or use the positive part of the wiring harness.
- Then run a second length of cable from the ground terminal (with ends stripped again) on the energizer to the ground rod(s), or use the negative part of the wiring harness.
- Secure to ground rod(s) with a clamp.
- Plug the energizer directly into an outlet and test fence. Do not use an extension cord as it may cause a decrease in voltage and expose the unit to the elements.
To use the energizer as a battery unit:
- Attach wiring harness to energizer.
- Attach the bare end of the wire with the red clip to the fence terminal of the energizer. Attach the red alligator clip to the fence.
- Attach the bare end of the wire with the green clip to the ground terminal of the energizer. Attach green alligator clip to the ground rod(s).
- Connect the energizer to the battery.
- Insert battery adapter into the energizer. Attach red alligator clip from the adapter to the red “+” terminal of the battery.
- Attach black alligator clip from the adapter to the black “–” terminal of the battery.
Unit indicator light should flash and a tic-tac sound will be heard. If the indicator light doesn't flash, then the unit/battery should be checked.
Start by measuring the voltage at the end of the fence line. If the voltage is below 3000V, follow these steps to determine if the problem is with the fence, or the energizer.
Test the energizer first!
- Turn off the energizer.
- Disconnect the wires going to the fence and ground stake/rod.
- Turn the energizer back on.
- Measure the voltage on the energizer between the two terminals (positive and negative) with a digital voltmeter or other high-voltage tester. Touch one end to “-“ (earth terminal) and the other end to “+” (fence terminal). The reading tells you how well the energizer is working without any other variables.
- If the tester reads below 5000V, then the energizer (or possibly the battery) is the problem. If the voltage is above 5000V, then the trouble lies with your fence.
If the fence is at fault:
- Conductors touching another wire, steel post or the soil
- Broken or damaged insulators
To Reduce Risk & Liability
- Never place your head or upper spine near an electrified wire. Accidental head or neck contact can occur when pushing a voltage probe into the soil. Be careful when doing so to avoid head-to-wire contact!
- Never attempt to step over or climb through an energized fence of any kind.
- Never encourage anyone to touch an electric fence.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
FencingItem #147510 -
Holds solar panels of nearly any size (10 to 80 watts) at 45˚ (for maximum solar response in most conditions) on top of the energizer/battery support box.$27.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
James C from Vermont
The Speedrite 1000 energizer is exactly what we need to protect our large garden, better than expected! This is our 4th energizer in 12 years and is clearly the best. The battery and fence testing features are great plus the on/off switch avoids creating damaging sparks (by unclipping & clipping the battery) to the electronics every time we enter the garden multiple times per day.
Yvette K from California
This energizer works fine. It is bigger than I needed for the length of rope but it is to keep a bear away from my chickens so I overbought and it works! I put it on a timer so it will turn off in the daytime and on at night. The bear has not been back since I installed the fence.
The whole system was sent out really fast and I appreciate the service I got from your company. I have already recommended it to two neighbors.
Nick G from North Carolina
Really great energizer! We bought this to close in a few goats on our property. I bought this because it has a light indicator on it along with a batter life indicator. It comes with a plug for AC if desired. I have it hooked up to a deep cycle marine battery and a small solar panel to trickle charge it and it has been flawless. I would buy it again and highly recommend it.
Lori D from Pennsylvania
Easy to understand. Best name on the market!
Cheyne H from California
I keep pigs on a 2-3 wire pen using Intellirope on a spool. This Energizer powers the fence from a Deep Cycle Marine battery very well. I like the multiple settings (slow/fast shock, night/day, + battery check) and it's light weight and durability. They have lasted me multiple years (going on 3) and I ordered another one for rotations.