Spitfire Shearing Cutter
How to Use
- Slide the cutter atop the comb producing the cutting action.
- Combs set the depth and speed at which fiber is removed (more teeth = slower speed, thinner combs = less fiber remaining).
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Katherine E from Michigan
We have been using these cutters and the Premier1 combs for 3 seasons now and have seen zero issues with them. They perform as well as our oster cutters/combs and Premier1 does a great job sharpening them for us. I believe we have 7 of these cutters and 6 combs all from Premier1 now.
Gayle E from Virginia
It worked great along with the Spitfire blade. Only did one very dirty black sheep and the clippers never got hot.
Rickie B from Iowa
I've been shearing sheep for years! They stay very sharp for several sheep very pleased with my purchase will definitely purchase more in the future! The service and delivery was exceptional also. Will not hesitate to order again.
Charles L from West Virginia
After trying for last several years to cut the hair on my two blond golden retrievers to give them relief from the heat using dog clippers which would take 2 to 3 hours each i purchased these from premier and they did a great job of cutting their hair and it took approximately 30 minutes each with no cuts or blood. First time i ever used shears and the best price on internet and made of gteat quality
Joan K from Arizona
The cutters worked great, it was good to have extras on hand for quick changes to a fresher/sharp blade. The shearing season was late this year because the colder unseasonably winter-spring weather hung around until mid May then the last week of May turned into hot summer days. Now, I'll be sending my used cutter in, by mail, to be resharpened for another season.