- Two layers of UV-resistant low density polyethylene
- Soft insulation is easy to strip back
- Resistant to cracking in severe frost conditions
- Pliable and easy to work with
- 12 year warranty
- Length: 82', pre-wound on plastic reel
- Outside diameter: 6.0mm (1/4")
- 2.5mm (3/32") galvanized steel wire
- UV-resistant polyethylene insulation
- 35 Ω ohm resistance per 3,280'
- Made in New Zealand
Strainrite® Insulated Cable—Quick Comparison
- Cut cable to length with wire cutters.
- Strip off insulation (approx. 3") and attach to connection point. (Note: It can be removed and reinstalled.)
- Removed and reinstall, if needed.
Avoid using household insulated wire (rated at 600V) for electric fences. Fence voltages may exceed 10,000V and household wire will eventually fail. Do NOT use it!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jay J from Tennesse
I use insulated cable to run underground at gates and to connect power and ground to the poly lines. The local coop and TSC only have solid core. That is hard to bend and even harder to connect to poly line. This line from Premier is twisted and is much easier to manipulate and connect to polywire.
Cynthia H from New York
Exactly what I needed for my electric fencing—well constructed and strong.