MiniTag Ear Tags
Reliable long-term ear tag for goats and small sheep breeds. Designed to last for the lifespan of the animal.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Preview Your Tags Online!We have upgraded our website to make ear tags easier to order. Follow the steps below to get started.
While we now show a sample of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.
- Dimensions: 1" x 1"
- 20 tags per package
- Plastic, 2-piece tag
- Made of polyurethane
- Insert tags using MiniTag applicator.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Orange, Green, Blue and Red.
- Can be custom imprinted or handwritten on with Marking Pens.
- Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
How to Use
Use the MiniTag applicator to install the tags:
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified. Scrapie approved tags are not available in blue. Flock ID number will be imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Great product and the customer service and speed of shipping was so nice! Thank You!
We use these mini tags for our newborn baby Boer goats. We use the blank tags and personalize them ourselves with the does tag number. We use blue tags for boys and green tags for girls. It is a great tagging system for us. Thanks.
Mike/kelly B from Monroe WI
This product is a big improvement over the previous version due to the fact that the tags are more flexible and instead of lambs ripping ears when the tags get caught, they fold up and pull right through the hole. All I have to do it snap in another tag into the exiting hole now! The point is sharper, so lessens the trauma to the ear and the imprinting is darker and clearer. Nice upgrade.
Mike/Kelly B from Wisconsin
Great product, excellent turn around time on the order, friendly knowledgeable sales staff! Premier is my go-to place for all my sheep supplies. Since finding Premier ear tags I've stopped looking for other tags for my sheep. My tiny Shetland sheep need a small tag for their small ears and these are perfect.
Lori S from PA
I ordered these tags on Monday and they were delivered to my door on Wednesday. I called in my tag order and the operator was very pleasant and knowledgable! She made it very easy to reorder my farms ear tags. The tags are well made and fit on my lambs and kids better than any other ear tags we have used before. It is a pleasure doing business with Premier 1. We have found all the items we have ordered to be well made and useful! This company not only manufactures its products but obviously uses them too. I have often purchased products from other companys only to find that the product did not work as described and it was clear that those companys havent used those products on a daily basis. This is NOT true of Premier 1. I recommend these ear tags and will continue to purchase my sheep and goat supplies from them. Thank you Premier for your products and great service.