Q-flex® 5 Ear Tags
Large size is easily visible.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order: See Customization information below. When ordering blank tags, type "Blank" in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page.
- “Satisfying” snap—An audible snap can be felt and heard when installed so you know the tag was inserted correctly.
- Rotates freely—Male and female tags rotate against each other—allowing them to move away from snags.
- Fully flexible stem—Q-flex stem is completely flexible except for the male tip.
- Sharp, crisp contrast for readability—They show imprinted numbers and letters better. An exception is Q-flex orange.
- Actual size: 1.63" x 1.88"
- 20 tags per package.
- Installs with applicator sold separately. (See Accessories tab above.)
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Spearmint, Salmon, Pink, Lime, Black, Blue, Fuchsia, Red, Green, Gray, Purple and Orange.
Custom printing details…
- Order tags above.
- Determine imprint:
- Numbers must be consecutive with or without repeating farm/ranch names. Up to 15 characters and 3 lines per side.
- Logos/Brands have a one-time setup fee of $15 per design.
- Imprint location—indicate male side, female side or both. We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
- Enter tag numbers/letters in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page or in the Comments box on the Payment Options page during checkout.
- Custom-imprinted tags are not returnable.
How do I order?
- Blank tags—Enter package quantity of tags above and type "Blank" in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page.
- Individual names, numbers or replacement tags—Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence can be done. But it takes much more machine time per tag, so the cost per tag is $2.50/tag. Please call Premier at 800-282-6631 to confirm your requirements.
Note: You can also hand write numbers and letters on blank tags or supplemental data on already printed tags. Use our marking pens sold under "Accessories Tab" above.
Scrapie tagsWhen ordering, please enter the following information in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page:
- Your Flock ID number (we are not allowed to keep this on file).
- The range of the 4-5 digit individual animal numbers (i.e. 4501-4520 or 45001-45020).
- Male side of the tag has two lines for custom imprinting (individual animal ID number is not automatically added). Specify what you would like on the two available lines as Line 1:____ and Line 2:____. (This is a good place to add the individual animal ID and a farm name).
Scrapie tags not available in blue. Flock ID number is imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
Inserting tags in cold weather…
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Hope C from Maine
They work great on my show goats. And look very sharp on my black buck
Dixie B from Northeast Missouri
Our herd of Texas Dahl sheep are all inspected yearly by USDA to assure we have no Scrapies. All of our sheep are ear tagged with the plastic USDA ear tags and are Genotyped. When our results of Genotypes comes back, we put one of your ear tags in . Pink being for QR Genotype and Blue being for RR's. That way we can see to sort at a distance.
The USDA tags have a habit of falling out, when we give shots,worm and sort the sheep every 3 Months there is always 3 or 4 tags that have to be replaced. Not one of the Pink and Blue tags we purchase from you have fallen out in the two years we have been using them!
James G from Tennessee
Conversed with Premier on the phone and had a commitment to make the last two digits for sheep number larger than the year. These and 80 with a different color came with all the numbers the same size. Usable but harder to see. Disappointed! Not up to the standard I expect from Premier 1.
Caleb J from Idaho
We have been purchasing these tags for four years now. Each year we have watched the care and detail they put into our order progressively get worse. At the beginning they would separate the tags for you and have them in their own little slots. Last year they shrunk the boxes and didn’t separate each individual tag, but each color of tag had its own box. This year, they simply stuffed as many tags as they could into the tiny boxes, regardless of color. Very disappointed in the lack of effort.
Deb M from Oklahoma
Great service I ordered online on a Friday night and made a mistake with numbering! Too late for customer service so sent an email and planned to call 1st thing Monday morning, I had a return email right away that said they would wait for my call, I called it was handled quickly and I got the tags in two days just in time for triplets.