Goat & Sheep Net 10/42/7
- Strip-graze pastures
- As an interim permanent fence until a proper fence can be built
- Enclose rams and buck/billy goats
- Keep coyotes, dogs and bears out, or domestic dogs in
- Graze orchards and vineyards
- Wildfire mitigation (managed grazing)
- Make temporary lanes for moving animals from place to place
- Protect outdoor hay supplies
How does it compare to ElectroStop®?
- It’s less expensive with specifications similar to what you’ll find in farm stores.
- Weaker posts (smaller in diameter)
- Has string verticals instead of plastic struts. So it is more prone to sagging and more likely to tangle and bunch when installing and removing.
- Verticals occur every 7" instead of 12"
- Electrical resistance (380 ohms/1000 ft) is 10 times higher. It is not advised for fences longer than 2 to 3 rolls of netting or fences exposed to heavy weed load.
We’re aware that the lower price of Goat & Sheep Net encourages folks to choose this version. Think carefully before you do! Customers who are unhappy with netting are often those who’ve chosen economy nets or their farm store equivalents.
Why do we offer it? Because it is similar in specifications to nets from other sources—and comparisons make decisions easier.
To InstallThe same “unroll and then unfold” process applies to all electrified nets. Minimal strength or skill needed (and no tools). Extra supports such as FiberTuff™ step-in posts are useful at corners, curves and ends. You will need a fence energizer to electrify the net.
FREE shipping on qualified orders over $100!
How To Purchase
We offer many fences to fit your situation, including different heights and lengths, multiple colors, drivable posts and positive/negative options for dry soils. Questions? Call our fence consultants at
Energizer KitsItem #113300 -
Solar powered 0.60 joule energizer used with electric fences to contain sheep, goats, poultry, swine, cattle and horses. Effective against predators.$285.00
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 15/42/SS (white) - For: ElectroStop 10/42/12, E'Stop 9/42/6, PoultryNet 12/42/3, Chicken Net 11/42/3 or Goat Net 10/42/7Item #203041 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$3.20
Electric fence is a pain barrier, not a physical barrier. A common mistake is not electrifying it. Animals may escape or become entangled (and may die). On a % basis, entanglement is very rare, but it can and does occur. If animals are scared or starved it will not keep them in. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause post spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.