ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- The ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers slice through livestock hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips for cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
- Blades: 1-3/4"L, Handles: 3.5"L (approximate size)
- Sturdy plastic handle
- Smaller than our Premier's Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Japanese steel and rounded blade tips
- The ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
ARS Hoof Trimmers and Shears—Quick Comparison
|Latch mechanism||Thumb||Handle hook|
Length—How to choose?The shape and length of the handles help determine the hand strength required to squeeze the trimmer. Maximum leverage isn’t always desired; many shepherds prefer comfortable trimmers that fit their hands for all day use.
- Longer blades may reduce the # of overall cuts needed; blades longer than 2" can clear most hooves with one cut
- Shorter blades are better for precision work
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Rhea F from Tennessee
Sharp, clean cuts and easy for small hands.
Norman R from Washington
Best trimmers on the market in my opinion and have tried many over the years. Then I tried one of these, and I became a big fan.
Dusty S from Oregon
Outstanding product! After trying 3 other trimmers and struggling to trim our Boer goat hooves, I bought a pair of these and used them. I ordered 3 more of them... 1 spare for me and 2 for gifts.
Jose R from Florida
William R from Ohio