ARS Hoof Trimming Shears
- The longer blades of the ARS Hoof Trimming Shears (vs. the ARS 140DXR) reduce the amount of cutting needed.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth and high-carbon steel blades slice through livestock hooves easily.
- Soft, PVC-coated handles add comfort and reduce hand fatigue.
- Marquench-hardened blades provide the optimal combination of strength and sharpness.
- Gently rounded tips make cleaning manure from hooves easier without risk of injury to you or the animal.
- Suitable for pruning—long straight blade is perfect for thin stems, leaves and grasses.
- Blades: 2.25"L, Handles: 3.75"L (approximate size)
- Model: 140LDX
- Japanese high-carbon steel construction
- Non-slip PVC handle with steel core
- Hook latch on handle for safety and storage
ARS Hoof Trimmers and Shears—Quick Comparison
|Latch mechanism||Thumb||Handle hook|
Length—How to choose?The shape and length of the handles help determine the hand strength required to squeeze the trimmer. Maximum leverage isn’t always desired; many shepherds prefer comfortable trimmers that fit their hands for all day use.
- Longer blades may reduce the # of overall cuts needed; blades longer than 2" can clear most hooves with one cut
- Shorter blades are better for precision work
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tony G from Oregon
Love it, cuts so much better than lower priced trimmer I had. I wish I had just purchased these first and saved the frustration created with the others.
The blades fit tight, the nail does NOT go between the blades and bend rather than cut like it did with other trimmers.
Susan M from Ohio
BEST clippers i have ever had—sharp actually cut rather than bend the tough hoofs—will be the only clippers i will buy from now on.
Cindy P from Tennessee
Love these trimmers. Sturdy and reliable.