ARS Hoof Trimming Shears
- The longer blades of the ARS Hoof Trimming Shears (vs. the ARS 140DXR) reduce the amount of cutting needed.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth and high-carbon steel blades slice through livestock hooves easily.
- Soft, PVC-coated handles add comfort and reduce hand fatigue.
- Marquench-hardened blades provide the optimal combination of strength and sharpness.
- Gently rounded tips make cleaning manure from hooves easier without risk of injury to you or the animal.
- Suitable for pruning—long straight blade is perfect for thin stems, leaves and grasses.
- Blades: 2.25"L, Handles: 3.75"L (approximate size)
- Model: 140LDX
- Japanese high-carbon steel construction
- Non-slip PVC handle with steel core
- Hook latch on handle for safety and storage
ARS Hoof Trimmers and Shears—Quick Comparison
|Latch mechanism||Thumb||Handle hook|
Length—How to choose?The shape and length of the handles help determine the hand strength required to squeeze the trimmer. Maximum leverage isn’t always desired; many shepherds prefer comfortable trimmers that fit their hands for all day use.
- Longer blades may reduce the # of overall cuts needed; blades longer than 2" can clear most hooves with one cut
- Shorter blades are better for precision work
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Larry H from Tennessee
These are the best trimming shears I have been able to find. They go thru the hoof with ease. They are the best.
Melissa H from Michigan
Best foot trimmers ever! Super sharp and cut the hoof like a knife going through butter. Quickly shipped!
Jacqui M from Texas
Fast delivery, excellent product, sharp and easy to handle. Everything you want and expect.
Robyn F from Ohio
Worked great cutting through my buck's hooves. Stayed sharp throughout the entire trimming!
Jeff B from Michigan
Good product, fast delivery.