For permanent electric fences. Has 3 “cables” of twisted polyester strands into which 3 tinned copper and 3 stainless steel filaments are intertwined. Because it is made of polyester, EnduraSoft® 6.0 is soft to the touch and is more resistant to ultraviolet light than even the best polyethylene.
Very good conductivity (50Ω/1000 ft), so it’s suited for any length of fence line and nearly all energizers.
Which conductor is right for you?We offer a wide-range of electrifiable ropes, twines and tapes to fit your situation. Visit this link to compare all Premier conductors.
Adding energized strands to any fence helps protect animals from a fence, and the fence from animals—because they won’t chew or rub against it.
|Size||6mm (1/4") diameter|
|Color||White / Black / White|
|Conductivity||50 Ω per 1000 ft|
|Conductive Filaments||3 tinned copper + 3 stainless steel|
|Non-conductive Filaments||Polyester (PES)|
|Visibility to Animals||Very Good|
|Ultraviolet (UV) Resistance||Excellent|
|Breaking Strength||1800 lbs|
|Probable Lifespan*||25 years|
- Attach a terminal insulator to an end post.
- Tie end of rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals. (See recommendations below.)
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink. (Note: If the run of the fence is 1000' or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.)
- Use a wind-up reel system to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect a fence energizer to a grounding system. Turn on energizer and confirm voltage is at least 3000V at the end of the fence line.
Suggested Strand Height (from ground):
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 1-strand fence—34"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—46", 24"
- 5-strand fence—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Deer:
- 2-strand fence—48", 30"
- 5-strand fence—50", 40", 30", 20", 10"
- 3D anti-deer fence—inside: 48", 18"; outside: 34"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
S S from Massachusetts
I used to get IntelliBraid, but tried this one instead. Definitely easier to handle and not so hard on one's hands. Not sure how long it will last or how much shock the horses will get since there is less wire involved in the braid.
Jason H from Indiana
This is by far the best electric rope on the market. It is strong and provides an eye-appealing appearance. I just installed new fencing where we moved, but my previous installation is standing strong after over 15 years.
Joseph/debbie M from Pennsylvania
The best fencing on the market. I have used this fencing for over 19 years for my horses.
Cynthia F from Illinois
Soft to touch rope. Easy to use, install & move if desired. Does not cut horse when they get tangled in it even after it has been in use for while. I have used the electric actual rope type fence, but rope seems to get crusted lime on it from weather on it which when a horse kicks &or gets tangled in it, it cuts horses pretty good. This seems to allow the water to run off the rope & doesn't crust on it. Used for pastures & drylots & works well. Highly recommend the Endura Soft Rope.
Kim C from Maryland
I think this Endurasoft is the ultimate in rope fencing. It is soft and easy to put up, lasts for years and years (I have some that is 20+ years old and still working great even with trees falling on it from tornado) and I am confident in its visibility. I have a horse who just had eye surgery and one eye has limited vision, yet he seemed to see this rope just fine. I have built many a fence, both permanent and temporary using this rope with little or no help and I am a 62 yo female. Just use the P-springs and you are good to go! Highly recommend!