Ground Rod and/or Connecting Pin, 3 ft
Ground rods are essential for all energizers and lightning diverters.
The ground system is an essential component of any electric fence. Ground rods guide the pulse from the soil, back into the energizer. The larger the pulse or higher the resistance of the soil (because it’s dry, sandy, or rocky), the more ground rods that are needed to collect the electrons from the soil.
This pin can also be used to attach gates, panels, orphan headgates and creep feeder gates.
- 3' long/li>
- 1/2" diameter
- Has a head on one end
- Galvanized, will not rust or corrode
How to Use
As a ground rod:
- Energizers—allow 3 ft of rod per joule of energy released (use 3 ft rods for smaller energizers and lightning diverters. Use multiple 6 ft rods for large energizers).
- Make sure to put the ground rod all the way into the ground.
- To attach insulated wire, make an elongated "U" in the wire.
- Put the "U" against the rod and put the stainless steel ground rod clamp around it. Tighten.
As a connecting pins for attaching:
- Make sure to have the ground rod all the way into the ground
- Make sure you have a good connection to the ground rod
- Make sure to have a good connection on the energizer and fence
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Michael K from Pennsylvania
Good grounding rod. Nice wide head for hammering into this rocky ground.
Carey S from Maryland
Appears to work great, only issue I see is that the end you drive into the ground is not pointed... it’s flat... took a decent effort with a mallet to drive it into soil. Recommend a pointed tip to make insertion easier.
Debby R from New Hampshire
So simple, but so effective.
Lynda A from Virginia
Claudia C from California