Long lasting, 6mm (1/4") dia. braided rope conductor for permanent electric fences.
Tinned copper filaments (2) run along the inner core. First-quality braided polyester and 12 stainless steel filaments provide support. This method reduces the stress on the copper filament, increases strand strength and provides more metal-to-metal and metal-to-animal contact points throughout.
Which conductor is right for you?We offer a wide-range of electrifiable ropes, twines and tapes to fit your situation. Visit this link to compare all Premier conductors.
Polyester, the same plastic filaments as in EnduraSoft® 6.0, is noted for its strength, soft feel and inherently high resistance to UV light degradation.
Black/white alternating color increases effectiveness by offering contrast to animals against both light and dark backgrounds.
|Size||6mm (1/4") diameter|
|Color||White / Black / White|
|Conductivity||48 Ω per 1000 ft|
|Conductive Filaments||2 tinned copper + 12 stainless steel|
|Non-conductive Filaments||Polyester (PES)|
|Visibility to Animals||Good|
|Ultraviolet (UV) Resistance||Excellent|
|Breaking Strength||1800 lbs|
|Probable Lifespan*||25 years|
- Attach a terminal insulator to an end post.
- Tie end of rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals. (See recommendations below.)
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink. (Note: If the run of the fence is 1000' or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.)
- Use a wind-up reel system to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect a fence energizer to a grounding system. Turn on energizer and confirm voltage is at least 3000V at the end of the fence line.
Suggested Strand Height (from ground):
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 1-strand fence—34"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—46", 24"
- 5-strand fence—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Deer:
- 2-strand fence—48", 30"
- 5-strand fence—50", 40", 30", 20", 10"
- 3D anti-deer fence—inside: 48", 18"; outside: 34"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Ben M from Louisiana
Absolutely dissatisfied. Terrible construction. Began coming apart and breaking within the first month I put it up. Had to take it down and use another product.
Dan K from California
Durable in all weather. After a few years the rope looks and functions like new. Delivers a good shock too.