- 25 years probable life
- White/black/white color
- 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Good visibility
- Fair portability
- 48 ohms per 1000 feet
- 1800 lb breaking strength
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of the rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink 2.0. (Note: If the length of the fence is 1000' feet or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of just of just one.)
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000 volts.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—45", 24"
- 5-strand fence—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Durable in weather. After a few years the rope looks and functions like new. Delivers a good shock too.