Excellent for all permanent electrified rope fences.
Consists of 4 tinned copper filaments twisted around first-quality polyester filaments. Polyester, the same filaments as in EnduraSoft® 6.0, is noted for its inherent high resistance to UV light degradation.
- 25 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Fair
- Conductivity: 48 ohms per 1000 feet (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper
- Number of conductive filaments: 4
- Ability to be seen by animals: Good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyester—more resistant to ultraviolet light
- Ability to resist mildew: Fair
- Breaking strength: 1800 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to an end post.
- Tie end of the rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and P Spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink. (Note: If the length of the fence is 1000 ft or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of just of just one.)
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—45", 24"
- 5-strand fence—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Durable in weather. After a few years the rope looks and functions like new. Delivers a good shock too.