IntelliRope® PE 4.5
Excellent for both permanent and portable situations because PE filaments resist wear and abrasion. Excellent built-in elasticity. This 4.5mm version is less weight, lower cost and better for short-term fences.
Identical to IntelliRope® PE 6.0 except it has fewer polyethylene (PE) monofilaments.
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent & portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 4.5mm (3/16") diameter
- Portability: Very good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 750 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of the rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably Notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope. EzeReels™ can be set on the ground next to fence. MiniReels™ are best hung from the fence.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Justin S from Vermont
I have used this 4.5mm rope for several years as a single-strand perimeter for finishing beef. Highly visible and conducts well, the cows respect it when properly energized. I keep it taut with premier p springs, and use rope links for tie offs. A convenient an affordable system.
Matthew A from Georgia
Good wire. I've found it to last 7 to 10 years. Great for Gates and or temporary paddocks. More visible and stronger than the smaller polywire.
Claudia B from Kentucky
I have used this rope for my donkey and mule for several years. It is easy for them to see easy for me to put up and take down. I have used four different types of rope for them and this is by far my favorite. Would definitely purchase again!
Just installed so can't say how well it will last up here in the north. But the price is good and it is easy to handle. Has good visibility.
Woody W from Catskills, New York
I've tried just about every fencing alternative Premier offers, and I definitely prefer rope conductors for the ease of working with them and for visibility.I have found no difference in durability between the rope alternatives. This one tends to be just a little stiff and to kink if you have a lot of it off the reel.