IntelliRope® PE 4.5
- 3 tinned copper and 3 stainless steel metal filaments.
- Polyethylene monofilaments.
- 10 year probable life
- white/black/white color
- 4.5mm (3/16") diameter
- Good visibility
- Very portable
- 41 ohms per 1000 ft
- 750 lb breaking strength
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of the rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably Notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink 2.0.
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope. EzeReels™ can be set on the ground next to fence. MiniReels are best hung from the fence.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000 volts.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
The thing I like most about this product is the price. It's about half that of any competitor that I have found, and better quality than many of those.
We run miles of electric fencing, and I have strip grazed using various electric tapes and ropes for many years. To be honest, most of these conductors are pretty robust and will take a little abuse. Intellirope is no exception, and it is more tightly spun than some of the competitiors, which makes it very easy to work with. We use some for fences that are moved monthly, and some for a "permanent" fence, and it's doing a great job in both applications.
My only quibble would be on visibility. The riope is predominantly white, and the black strand does not stand out as well as a 50-50 contrasting combination would.
This was my first experience working with electric fencing material - this rope was very easy to work with and seemed to be plenty strong.
The Intellirope PE was the key to my fencing out deer. The rope is strong and workable