Famous for 2 qualities:
- Has a very thick outer coating of zinc (Class IV). So it will last up to 10 years without rusting in humid climates.
- Low tensile strength. Therefore, it's very easy to wind, unwind, cut, tie and join. MaxiShock allows simple, conductive, long-lasting connections without any tools other than side-cutting pliers.
Note: Prewound option includes a SupaReel spool. Carry and wind-up handles sold separately.
- 10 years probable life
- Silver in color
- 1.7 mm diameter
- Poor visibility
- Good portability
- 19 ohms per 1000 ft
- 160 lb breaking strength
- Zinc coating
Approximate cost per 1320 ft roll (prewound) 9.6¢
Approximate cost per 2640 ft roll (prewound) 8.6¢
Less expensive per year of use than farm-store polywire and tape because it lasts so long.
- Attach a terminal insulator (T posts or wood posts insulators available) to beginning/end post. If fence section/length is under 1000', you can attach MaxiShock directly to the terminal insulator at this end.
- Unroll MaxiShock along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Attach insulators at desired heights on line posts and remaining end posts. Plastic posts have clips built in so no insulators will be needed.
- Insert MaxiShock into insulators or built in clips.
- Attach P spring to end post and loop MaxiShock through the P Spring - just once at this point.
- By hand, pull MaxiShock tight until the P Spring is half compressed.
- Cut MaxiShock with wire cutters or a strong pair of scissors -leaving about 4" to work with. Loop MaxiShock through end of P Spring again and wrap remainder tightly around fence line to secure.
- Use one of our SupaReels to rewind and store MaxiShock.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence.
- Turn on energizer.
- Check to make sure voltage is over 2000 volts.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
This wire is a pleasure to work with, can be twisted by hand etc. It also carries a shock! extremely well. Animals that always 'tested' the fence flat don't anymore-cows, sheep, lambs and horses, the dogs dno't bother it either.