If you have dairy goats, you know that milking can sometimes be a challenge. So we’ve introduced a milking headpiece that fits neatly onto our trimming stand to securely hold nannies at a comfortable height.
Built-in feeding tray holds enough feed to distract your animals during milking. Locking headpiece holds them in place—they can’t leave until the milking is complete.
- Headpiece adjusts to accommodate goats large and small (more so than other available headpieces)
- Lightweight design is easy to move from place to place throughout the barn
- Securely holds goats at a comfortable height for milking (floor of stand is 22" above the ground)
- Hot-dip galvanized for years of use
- Comes with a convenient carry handle
- Ramp and side rails sold separately
New! Optional Wheel Kit: Save your back and legs from carrying the stand. Wheel kit inserts into base of stand.
Easily convert the milking stand into a trimming stand by adding a trimming stand headpiece.
- Inexpensive and durable; we challenge anyone to match Premier’s combination of cost and quality.
- Securely hold animals at a comfortable height for milking (22" from the ground)
- Built-in feeding tray holds enough feed to occupy nannies during milking
- Hot-dip galvanizing ensures an attractive appearance and the lowest cost per year of use. (Hot-dip galvanized steel resists rusting longer than painted steel.)
- Lightweight design is easy to carry and store
- SHIPS FREE via Ground Service within the contiguous USA
- Dimensions: 20"W x 48"L
- Includes adjustable headpiece and tray, but not ramp, side rails or wheel kit
Milking Headpiece and Tray
- Included when purchasing a Milking Stand; available separately for those converting a Trimming Stand.
- Headpiece: 1" x 1" square tube is 28"H (measured from the bottom of the headpiece). Opening width varies from 7.5" to 2.5"; (5) top adjustment positions and (3) bottom adjustment positions
- Tray Dimensions: 10"W x 6"L x 2.5"H
- Thumbscrew enables users to adjust the front vertical bar up or down to fit most animals
- Galvanized steel
Optional Accessories (sold separately)
- Side Rails
- Dimensions: 21-1/2"W x 25"L
- Side rails fit securely to the stand to reduce animal movement
- Reduces risk of accidental falls from the platform
- Dimensions: 20"W x 48"L
- Reduces effort and risk of injury to both animal and user
- Hooks directly into the mesh floor of the stand
- Integrated folding handle is convenient for carrying and storage
- New! Wheel Kit
- Save strain on your back and legs when carrying the stand
- Inserts into the base of stand for easy transport
- Trimming Headpiece
- Change the headpiece and you’ll have two stands in one!
- Securely holds polled or horned sheep and goats
- Fits everything from Shetlands to Suffolks
- Fine tune your show animals appearance by focusing on fitting the animal and not holding them still
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Eric K from New Hampshire
Excellent product. I bought this for my girlfriends birthday as we own a registered dairy goat herd. She uses this from everything to grooming to milking. Solid construction from the ground up.
I recommend buying the wheel attachment along with the stand for ease of mobility if you need to move it around, makes life that much simpler!
Elizabeth O from Georgia
While it's a very nice milk stand it is way too narrow for most of our adult dairy goats. When they go to turn around they fall or almost fall and I gave to lift them around so they don't. Not easy they weigh a lot. The base should be at least 24 inches wide not 20 for any adult goat to be able to turn around. I will have to rig something to the right side to prevent falls. The side rails only pin them in. Goats do not back up they collapse. I would only recommend if you have small goats not Nubians or Alpines.
Ashley S from Ohio
Kinda a cheaply made head piece. It rattles a lot when the goats are in it and makes them really nervous.
Kimberly H from California
This is a sturdy well built stand. A bit heavier than my others. l have two complaints. One it’s a little too tall. I have Lamanchas and they give me a hard time jumping up on this stand. That may be why they offer the ramp. My second thing is the side square attachment for where the side rails gets in my leg room when trimming hooves on this stand. I have a nice bruise On my leg from hitting it as it sticks out. It’s not in the way if your simply milking on a stool on the side of stand. The headpiece adjusts well and the tray folds up to clean out. I did order the wheels so it can be moved easily or taken to shows. Overall I’m happy with my purchase.
Debra L from South Carolina
I struggled with spending this amount of money, but did the entire ensemble with the stand and headpiece, rails and ramp. Heavy duty. A little snug fit in putting the ramp on the stand but a rubber mallet got the tabs in the holes and it came out easy.
It is heavy! Get the wheels.
All but 1 of my goats fit in the headpiece. The that did not has no horns and is extremely petite. We still encouraged her up on the stand and sat her down as one of us held her and the other trimmed her.
It was pretty easy to get the goats up the ramp for the first and in place to lock them in. It was pleasant to work on them without killing my back bending and twisting. We took one rail off at a time on one side, trimmed, then replaced the rail and moved to the other side. I felt the goats were safe on the ramp during trimming.
I will be milking in the spring and can see how easy this will be.
This product will last a lifetime and for the next generation, too.
Get the wheels!