If you have dairy goats, you know that milking can sometimes be a challenge. So we’ve introduced a milking headpiece that fits neatly onto our trimming stand to securely hold nannies at a comfortable height.
Built-in feeding tray holds enough feed to distract your animals during milking. Locking headpiece holds them in place—they can’t leave until the milking is complete.
- Headpiece adjusts to accommodate goats large and small (more so than other available headpieces)
- Lightweight design is easy to move from place to place throughout the barn
- Securely holds goats at a comfortable height for milking (floor of stand is 22" above the ground)
- Hot-dip galvanized for years of use
- Comes with a convenient carry handle
- Ramp and side rails sold separately
New! Optional Wheel Kit: Save your back and legs from carrying the stand. Wheel kit inserts into base of stand.
Easily convert the milking stand into a trimming stand by adding a trimming stand headpiece.
- Inexpensive and durable; we challenge anyone to match Premier’s combination of cost and quality.
- Securely hold animals at a comfortable height for milking (22" from the ground)
- Built-in feeding tray holds enough feed to occupy nannies during milking
- Hot-dip galvanizing ensures an attractive appearance and the lowest cost per year of use. (Hot-dip galvanized steel resists rusting longer than painted steel.)
- Lightweight design is easy to carry and store
- SHIPS FREE via Ground Service within the contiguous USA
- Dimensions: 20"W x 48"L
- Includes adjustable headpiece and tray, but not ramp, side rails or wheel kit
Milking Headpiece and Tray
- Included when purchasing a Milking Stand; available separately for those converting a Trimming Stand.
- Headpiece: 1" x 1" square tube is 28"H (measured from the bottom of the headpiece). Opening width varies from 7.5" to 2.5"; (5) top adjustment positions and (3) bottom adjustment positions
- Tray Dimensions: 10"W x 6"L x 2.5"H
- Thumbscrew enables users to adjust the front vertical bar up or down to fit most animals
- Galvanized steel
Optional Accessories (sold separately)
- Side Rails
- Dimensions: 21-1/2"W x 25"L
- Side rails fit securely to the stand to reduce animal movement
- Reduces risk of accidental falls from the platform
- Dimensions: 20"W x 48"L
- Reduces effort and risk of injury to both animal and user
- Hooks directly into the mesh floor of the stand
- Integrated folding handle is convenient for carrying and storage
- New! Wheel Kit
- Save strain on your back and legs when carrying the stand
- Inserts into the base of stand for easy transport
- Insert guides are 18.25" apart
- 8" diameter wheels
- Trimming Headpiece
- Change the headpiece and you’ll have two stands in one!
- Securely holds polled or horned sheep and goats
- Fits everything from Shetlands to Suffolks
- Fine tune your show animals appearance by focusing on fitting the animal and not holding them still
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Mary D from North Carolina
Great product! Easy to assemble. Height is perfect to either sit on the stand with the goat or use a chair beside it. Head piece is easy to adjust for height of goat. Others have complained about feed dish, but it does swing up so you can dump the food and rinse it out and you can pretty easily remove the whole head piece.
Neysha K from Maine
Very pleased with this product as well as the company. Fast shipping! Great sturdy stand. The head area is adjustable for all size goats. Very movable even without the wheels.
Randi B from California
Very sturdy and tall enough so I can sit comfortably while hand milking, but because it's so tall a ramp is a must with my little Nigerians. It is adjustable so it fits my Nubian and Nigerians.
The only negative thing I can say is I wish the feed tray came out or they made a compatible rubber or plastic insert to go with it for easy clean up.
Overall I'm happy with it.
Amanda W from Oregon
Excellent stanchion, easy to assemble and fold down. The ramp is really a must as it is much taller than I pictured in my head and would be quite the jump for most does. The trimming head is great, especially for doing bucks that are usually too big for regular stanchions.
The wheel kit adds unnecessary height when using the stand but is excellent for moving it around and easily comes off and on. The side rails are especially great for those shy or nervous goats that want to step off the side. I plan to try them out to support a belly sling for AI this fall.
My only issue with the milking headpiece is that the feed tray is rather shallow and does not come off, meaning I have to take the entire headpiece off to dump the tray or clean it. I have mice in my barn so a removable feed dish would be nice to help keep the mouse poop out of the feeder (with my other stands I use hook-over feeders and take the pans off after use, storing them upside down).
Still a good product and I hope they can brainstorm a way to make the feed tray removable without compromising sturdiness.
Andrea B from Georgia
I purchased 4 of the "Headpiece and Tray (only)". The tray cannot be removed and cleaned. This needs to be re-engineered!!! Also, within one year there's rust! I contacted the company and they can't do anything.