MiniTag Ear Tags
Reliable long-term ear tag for goats and small sheep breeds. Designed to last for the lifespan of the animal.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Preview Your Tags Online!We have upgraded our website to make ear tags easier to order. Follow the steps below to get started.
While we now show a sample of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.
- Dimensions: 1" x 1"
- 20 tags per package
- Plastic, 2-piece tag
- Made of polyurethane
- Insert tags using MiniTag applicator.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Orange, Green, Blue and Red.
- Can be custom imprinted or handwritten on with Marking Pens.
- Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
How to Use
Use the MiniTag applicator to install the tags:
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified. Scrapie approved tags are not available in blue. Flock ID number will be imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Phyllis M from Virginia
We really like these. They have our farm scrapie number and are easy to read. They are small enough for newborn kids. This is our second year using these and both years one kid has managed to have the back pull through the ear, losing the tag and leaving a hole in the ear. I am not sure how this could be remediated.
Donna F from Georgia
We are very pleased with the Scrapie MiniTags for our goats! The size is good, so they don't get them caught on other things easily. The service with Premier was great, prices were great, and the shipping was very quick (unlike Allflex!)
Stephanie M from Texas
These MiniTags were perfect for our little pigs (Kune Kunes). And the customer service was great!
Lacey R from Tennessee
We will be using this ear tags for goats. I like the size, especially for use on kids. Small enough not to weigh their ears down, but still legible. Great price and quick delivery.
Cindy C from Tennessee
We have used MiniTags for 3 years and will continue to use them. The number one reason is the lambs don’t lose them out of their ears like the bigger ones. We use one color for our Scrapie tags and another color for their number.