OPAL Cordless Clipper from Heiniger
New! 2-speed cordless clipper from Heiniger is powerful and quiet. Glides smoothly and quickly through thick coats and fur.
- Great for dogs, cats, goats, cattle, horses and more!
- Brushless motor provides reliable power and torque
- Up to 4 hours runtime on a single charge
- Compatible with all “A5” type detachable blades; package includes one Heiniger #10 blade set
Compatible with all standard “A5” blades including Premier’s Snap-on Eagle™ blades.
- Livestock and show animals (beef and dairy cattle, meat and dairy goats, swine, sheep)
- Pet grooming—dogs and cats
- Veterinary procedures
- Dimensions: 8"L x 2"W x 1.75"H
- Weight (including battery): 1 lb
- 2-speed brushless motor (2,600 or 3,100 strokes per minute)
- 2850 mAh lithium-ion battery; features integrated LED display to indicate remaining battery life
- Up to 240 minutes of use per charge when using first speed (2,600 strokes per minute)
Clipper package includes:
- Heiniger #10 blade set
- Standard 110V US-style plug-in charging station
- (1) lithium-ion battery; up to 4 hours of runtime when using lowest speed
- Small bottle (1.76 fl oz) of clipping oil
- Cleaning brush
- Protective storage case
- Instruction manual
Small Animal Clippers — Quick Comparison
|Runtime||4 hrs||90 mins||3-½ hrs|
|Time to recharge||60–80 mins||60 mins||3 hrs|
|# of speeds||2-speed||1-speed||1-speed|
|Strokes/min||2,600 or 3,100||2,650||3,300|
|Decibels w/ blades||62 dB||70 dB||74 dB|
|Weight||1 lb||1 lb||1 lb|
|# included batteries||(1) Li-ion||(2) Li-ion||(2) Li-ion|
|Battery capacity||2,850 mAh||1,600 mAh||3,200 mAh|
|Battery level LED||✔||✘||✘|
|“A5” blade compatible||✔||✔||✔|
To check charge level:
- Hold down the button at the bottom of the battery.
- The LED indicator lights…
- No info displayed: exhausted or faulty battery
- Blinking display: battery level is 0–15%; recharge immediately!
- 1 LED lights up (1): battery level is 16–50%
- 2 LEDs light up (1 & 2): battery level is 51–80%
- 3 LEDs light up (1, 2 & 3): battery level > 80 %
During the charging process the LED indicator lamp is continuously red. Once the charging process is complete, the LED indicator changes to green.
Preparing the animal for clipping:
- Remove the dirt from the hair first. If this is not done, expect accelerated blade wear and a reduction in animals clipped between blade sharpenings in exact proportion to the amount of dirt present. The benefits of dirt removal prior to clipping cannot be over-emphasized. Example: Those who wash their lambs prior to clipping often clip 20–30 club lambs between sharpenings. Those who don’t and have lambs with sand and soil in the wool often clip less than two lambs between sharpenings.
- Washing the animal with soap and water removes the most dirt. If this is not practical, use a high power vacuum or blower to remove as much dirt as possible from the hair or wool.
- Restrain the animal. Few animals like the sound of a clipper or the feel of vibration on their skin. When they react to either without warning, accidents can and will happen. Therefore, for the sake of you, your animal and your clipper, restrain the animal properly prior to clipping.
Important: Lubricate the clipper head! Insufficient lubrication of the clipper head results in overheating of the clipper blades and clipper. This can lead to a reduced durability of clipper and blades, as well as a reduction of the battery runtime.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.