Premier 4000c Clipping Machine
- Rarely slows down under load.
- Plows through fiber. Drives shear head with equal power.
- Motor is smaller in size, lighter in weight and shorter in length than any other large clipper.
- Slick shearing show sheep
- Clipping meat and dairy goats
- Shaving or peeling beef & dairy cattle
- Clipping llamas and alpacas
- Clipping horses
- Clipping show pigs
- Clipping ranch dogs
- They've also been used to cut imitation turf
Use with our large blade sets.
- 110 volt
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- 2700 strokes per minute cutting speed
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors. Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads—so the heads run 20°F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors
- Smaller grip than other motors
- Sleek, low-profile ribs makes it easier to grip the tension knob
- Shorter tension bolt equals fewer turns needed to reset tension, so you spend less time changing and tensioning blades
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity)
- Stainless steel inserts that are riveted in reduce the possibility of the inserts becoming loose
- Round steel drive in place of a plastic bushing makes fitting the top blade easier
- Includes 2 screws for attaching to motor
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord
- Only 3 minutes to change a clipper head to shear head
- Will drive Premier and Lister® clipper blades
- Designed and assembled in USA from domestic and foreign parts
Preparing the Animal for Clipping
- Remove the dirt from the hair first. If this is not done, expect accelerated blade wear and a reduction in animals clipped between blade sharpenings in exact proportion to the amount of dirt present. The benefits of dirt removal prior to clipping cannot be over-emphasized. Example: Those who wash their lambs prior to clipping often clip 20–30 club lambs between sharpenings (if the blades have been sharpened properly on a lapping machine). Those who don’t and have lambs with sand and soil in the wool often clip less than two lambs between sharpenings.
- Washing the animal with soap and water removes the most dirt. If this is not practical, use a high power vacuum or blower to remove as much dirt as possible from the hair or wool.
- Restrain the animal. Few animals like the sound of a clipper or the feel of vibration on their skin. When they react to either without warning, accidents can and will happen. Therefore, for the sake of you, your animal and your clipper, restrain the animal properly prior to clipping.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Lori E from Washington
Best goat clippers I’ve ever used!
Anne S from Wisconsin
Needed to replace our old clippers and this one fits the bill and works well.
Mark F from Tennessee
I like the power, however they are pretty loud to me and they scare the dogs a little. I have two Komondors that we use as LGD’s.
I will buy another pair of these every wear out.
Jennifer C from Texas
Great product at a great price. Shipping was quick, clippers worked great!
Christa S from Georgia
I am giving a 4 out of 5. I ordered the set without the blades, only because the website showed the other option was backordered and didn’t show an available date. I knew I could buy blades separately, but I was expecting the clippers to come with a case. It says on the website, “no blades”, but it doesn’t say “no case.” So, I was surprised when we received the clippers in a cardboard box wrapped in bubble wrap. After using other brands before I used this clippers, I can’t go back. These work great and stay cool clipping several animals. Our kids show lambs and goats, and they can both easily use these clippers.
I just wish the description was a little clearer on the website. I see I can purchase a case, but based on the price, I would pay much more for the case than if I had been able to purchase the package with the case and blades.