Shear Head Only
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- Tension column far superior in design, less small/individual parts to wear out.
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
Need replacement parts? See "Replacement Parts Tab" above.
Less 'down' time when changing combs and cutters. Runs cooler.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound.
Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cheryl P from Illinois
It worked out great. We have the shears and the motor was working fine. The shear head was worn out. The staff at Premier assisted me to just purchase the head. Saved me $200. Shears work great! Got the llamas done for the summer!