Small temporary ear tag for lambs and goat kids. Useful for quick stock identification on the farm.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
Not Scrapie approved.
Preview Your Tags Online!We have upgraded our website to make ear tags easier to order. Follow the steps below to get started.
While we now show a sample of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.
- Dimensions: 1-5/8" x 7/16"
- 20 tags per package
- Polyurethane, 2-piece tag
- Insert tags using Q-flex or Allflex® applicators.
- Larger than Qwik Tags.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Spearmint, Salmon, Pink, Lime, Black, Blue, Fuchsia, Red, Green, Gray, Purple and Orange.
- Can be custom imprinted or handwritten on with Marking Pens.
- Not Scrapie approved
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jessica R from New Jersey
These tags are a perfect size for our wallaby mob! The colors are vibrant and can be easily seen from a distance which is useful in identifying individuals from afar. We will certainly be purchasing these tags again!
Denise S from New York
The hole for the applicator pin is a bit smaller than on my Q-Flex 3 tags, which makes them difficult to get fully seated properly. Make sure the tag is fully seated or you can mess up the application badly. After a couple mistakes I figured out what was wrong and they work well enough. I've not had any trouble with them getting stuck on the pin despite the tight fit. I do like being able to use one applicator for both my lamb tags and my adult tags.
Van F from Georgia
Good quality and price. Shipping and handling was high in my opinion.
Kaley S from Kentucky
I love these tags! I have a herd of registered Boer goats, I’m trying to grow my numbers ( currently at 15!) it is getting harder to keep names straight and who is related to who. These tags are very small which is what I wanted they went in easy, look good and shipped really fast! I will definitely be reordering.
Ann R from Wyoming
I like that these are easy to apply. My lambs don't cry and the tags are light weight enough that they don't pull the ear down.