- Length: 9.25"
- Plastic portion measures 6"
- All metal parts are stainless steel—won't rust
- Black & white available
- Made of UV stabilized polycarbonate, which is less likely to break than polypropylene handles
- Larger hand grips for a safer hold.
- Black handle is most durable. White is most visible against grass.
- Internal compression springs instead of expansion springs (prone to stretching).
- Turn off the energizer.
- Attach SafeHandle to conductor by inserting it into the eyelet end of handle. Then, either tie a knot in the conductor or use a RopeLink to attach conductor to handle.
- Place the hook end into activator (either a wood-post activator or steel T post activator).
- Make the electrical connection to the activator with insulated wire.
Also see downloadable electrified gate diagram above.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jeff D P from Oregon
Pretty good all around handle with very stout hooks. I still wish they made some without the internal spring but as far as spring loaded handles these are probably the toughest you will find. You won't bend the metal hooks unless you really try. In sub zero temps we do crack a few by repeatedly throwing them out of the way or by running over them with an ATV but some electric tape extends their life if you aren't adventurous enough to try and grab them where there are no cracks when hooking them back up to hot :-) We also like the different colors so we can have the White, Black, or Blue gate for discussion with other ranch team members. We try to use different colors for different gates in a general area to facilitate strategy discussions.
Tom P from Md
Love these handles! They take some abuse and hold up well.
An effective, well-insulated gate handle at a great price. If you need a good gate handle that you can easily see in tall grass, this is the handle for you.
I strongly dislike working around electrified fences/gates, so when I first tried a SafeHandle I felt safe unhooking an electrified wire. I will never purchase another brand. The only one I've had to replace just couldn't take being driven over. I also use these as an emergency splice in temporary fences if a wire breaks/burns through and I don't have an easy way to get the slack I need to tie the ends together.