Shepherd’s Dog Whistle
- Herding sheep or other pasture livestock
- Gundog field trails
- Signaling applications: Rescue, hiking, cycling, falconry and sailing
- Looking for a gift or keepsake?
- Shop aluminum sheepdog whistles from Logan Whistles.
How to Use
- Place the whistle open side forward between the teeth, with your lips at the front edge, and your tongue at the back of the solid edge of the whistle. The whistle has a hole on each side, so it doesn’t matter which side is facing up or down.
- Blow air down and through the top hole, almost like blowing over a pop bottle.
- With minor adjustments of the whistle you should hear a tone. By using your tongue to regulate the air, various tone combinations can be produced. This allows you to move several dogs at one time.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
CrooksItem #950125 -
A variable-pitch dog whistle to aid in livestock herding. Often used to train and transmit commands to sheepdogs. An ideal whistle for first-time users.$30.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David H from Colorado
Dog whistle price was great and shipping right on time. I would recommend!
Cecil P from Michigan
Great whistle, soon as you load it into your mouth and blow it, it works right away.
Gaylene G from South Dakota
Many years ago I ordered a whistle and it was a stainless steel whistle. I loved it. Since we moved I misplaced the whistle and wanted another one. My main dislike to the whistle I ordered is it’s PLASTIC. The plastic whistle still works, but it isn’t as classy looking as my others.
Eric F from Alabama
Great product, great value, excellent service!
Herman C from Maryland
I bought 30 of the shepherd’s whistles to give as favors at a clinic I was doing. They are a good value and really good for dog handlers just starting out learning how to use a dog whistle.