Shepherd’s Dog Whistle
- Herding sheep or other pasture livestock
- Gundog field trails
- Signaling applications: Rescue, hiking, cycling, falconry and sailing
- Looking for a gift or keepsake?
- Shop aluminum sheepdog whistles from Logan Whistles.
How to Use
- Place the whistle open side forward between the teeth, with your lips at the front edge, and your tongue at the back of the solid edge of the whistle. The whistle has a hole on each side, so it doesn’t matter which side is facing up or down.
- Blow air down and through the top hole, almost like blowing over a pop bottle.
- With minor adjustments of the whistle you should hear a tone. By using your tongue to regulate the air, various tone combinations can be produced. This allows you to move several dogs at one time.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
CrooksItem #950125 -
A variable-pitch dog whistle to aid in livestock herding. Often used to train and transmit commands to sheepdogs. An ideal whistle for first-time users.$30.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jay S from Colorado
Everything was just like they said.
Jacquelyn P from Arkansas
I'm giving the product 5 stars as it is what they described, timely delivery, as far as product, operate beware, it does take practice to learn, and I'm still trying(LOL),
Wendy S from Georgia
Well received by the dog training class and a blast watching them practice blowing it.
Catherine T from Oregon
Love it! Took practice and discovery. I found out there is a RIGHT-SIDE UP and it doesn't work up-side down. It was too expensive and I wish I could have purchased a few for the same "shipping & handling" charge (4 stars because of S & H charge). I couldn't find these whistles in stores, only online. I use it for getting the attention of dogs AND people ... no more hollering!
George T from Tennessee
I cannot whistle, so I bought this whistle to be able to call my dog, especially for feeding time; she stays out with the goats all day, and never comes in contact with humans. The whistle works great, and my Anatolian responds immediately to it. I understand others might use it to cause their dog to help round-up the goats, but not me.