Shepherd’s Dog Whistle
- Herding sheep or other pasture livestock
- Gundog field trails
- Signaling applications: Rescue, hiking, cycling, falconry and sailing
- Looking for a gift or keepsake?
- Shop aluminum sheepdog whistles from Logan Whistles.
How to Use
- Place the whistle open side forward between the teeth, with your lips at the front edge, and your tongue at the back of the solid edge of the whistle. The whistle has a hole on each side, so it doesn’t matter which side is facing up or down.
- Blow air down and through the top hole, almost like blowing over a pop bottle.
- With minor adjustments of the whistle you should hear a tone. By using your tongue to regulate the air, various tone combinations can be produced. This allows you to move several dogs at one time.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
CrooksItem #950125 -
A variable-pitch dog whistle to aid in livestock herding. Often used to train and transmit commands to sheepdogs. An ideal whistle for first-time users.$30.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cliff R from New Mexico
These are the best buy on the internet. I always carry one on my person to call and work the Fur Missiles. I also have a habit of losing them. At a couple dollars a piece that beats the inflated prices from the rest of the sellers out there. They are of good quality and easy to use. I highly recommend them and Premier 1.
Patricia P from Washington
I have no complaints, it works like my other whistles. I do like the sound vs the aluminum whistles. Seems warmer to me.
Laurance P from Oregon
The shepherd dog whistles are the best. Know ranchers that have theirs for years. My last one lasted 8 years before I broke it. Bought 6 and gave them out to others. Once you learn to blow it you will not want anything else.
David B from Florida
Ronald B from Alaska
Best price for the best whistle. On the ball shipping.