Shepherd’s Dog Whistle
- Herding sheep or other pasture livestock
- Gundog field trails
- Signaling applications: Rescue, hiking, cycling, falconry and sailing
- Looking for a gift or keepsake?
- Shop aluminum sheepdog whistles from Logan Whistles.
How to Use
- Place the whistle open side forward between the teeth, with your lips at the front edge, and your tongue at the back of the solid edge of the whistle. The whistle has a hole on each side, so it doesn’t matter which side is facing up or down.
- Blow air down and through the top hole, almost like blowing over a pop bottle.
- With minor adjustments of the whistle you should hear a tone. By using your tongue to regulate the air, various tone combinations can be produced. This allows you to move several dogs at one time.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
CrooksItem #950125 -
A variable-pitch dog whistle to aid in livestock herding. Often used to train and transmit commands to sheepdogs. An ideal whistle for first-time users.$30.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Herman C from Maryland
I bought 30 of the shepherd’s whistles to give as favors at a clinic I was doing. They are a good value and really good for dog handlers just starting out learning how to use a dog whistle.
Brian R from Virginia
Smooth transaction and good, working whistle.
Steven F from Oregon
Greetings, these whistles work very well. If you struggle a bit with the classic metal ones this one will prove itself immediately. The shape and thickness of the back edge seems to make the difference. The sound is sharp and piercing and the tone is easy to manipulate. Put a string/lanyard on it and you’re good to go. Add it to another order or buy ten of these and give some to friends; otherwise the s/h negates the attractive low price. (I’m pretty sure that the BB is a name brand.)
Constance G from Pennsylvania
Great whistle, when you learn to use it! I have used this whistle for my field dogs for years. They can hear it from far away and respond quickly. We use it while camping just in case the dogs are lost. We always recommend that EVERY dog be whistle trained!
Gordon J from California
Much easier to hold in position than the flat old fashioned Acme. Shipped quickly.