Speedrite 3000 Energizer
Advanced low impedance electric fence energizer offers uncompromising performance and a no-nonsense approach to livestock control.
Dual purpose: can be plugged in or used with a 12v battery. This unit offers unique power settings with different pulse rates to help conserve battery power and make the fences safer for unknowing visitors.
Batteries sold separately.
- 4.5 stored joules.
- 3 released joules.
- 2.8 joules in moist soils.
- .45 joules in dry soils.
- Requires 9 ft of ground rod (To order, see accessories tab above.) in the ground.
- Comes with a 110v plug-in adapter with a 6' cord and a 12v battery adapter.
- Comes with wiring harness to connect energizer to fence and energizer to ground rod.
- Includes an on/off switch.
- Has 4 pulse settings to adapt to various situations.
- Slow setting- approximately 2.5 seconds between pulses. Use where unknowing visitors may accidentally touch the fence or where livestock/predator pressure is low. 25 pulses per minute.
- Fast-day and slow at night. Use when pressure is higher during the day than at night (diurnal livestock).
- Fast- night and slow during the day. Use for nocturnal livestock and predators or when visitors are more likely to be around.
- Fast setting- Pulse rate is approximately 1.5 seconds. Use when animal pressure is great and where no visitors may contact the fence. 40 pulses per minute.
- Draw from a 12v battery is 295 milliampere(mA) per hour when set on the 'fast pulse' setting and 174 mA when set to the 'slow pulse' setting. With this energizer a 12v 100 ampere hour, deep cycle battery will last 8.5* days when set on the fast setting and 14 * days when set on the low setting. * Assumes being drawn down to 40% between charges.
- Use a 20-60 watt solar panel.
- Draws 3.7 watts per hour.
- Indicator lights show output voltage and battery condition.
- Manufactured by Tru Test.
- 3 miles of 3 strand cattle fence
- 1 1/2 miles of a 5-7 strand sheep fence
- 18 of the 164' sheep/goat nets
- 9 of the 164' poultry nets. All distances are dependent on amount of grass/weed load on the fence.
Can be used as a solar energizer
- See options under accessories tab above.
- Versatile, can be used as a plug-in energizer or as a battery energizer.
- Adapts from one style to the other in a few seconds.
- Easily moved around.
- Quickly mounts to a wall or fence post.
- The decision is yours as to pulse rate and battery consumption based on your needs.
- Mount the energizer at desired location. If using as a plug-in unit, it must be inside, away from risk of fire.
- Connect the Fence earth terminal (green) to the ground rod(s).
- Connect the fence output terminal (red) to the fence.
- Connect the energizer to the mains/battery with correct adapter.
- Turn energizer on to desired pulse setting.
- Check the voltage on the fence with a fence tester.
- Test the energizer first
- Turn off energizer.
- Disconnect ground wire and the fence wire.
- Turn energizer back on.
- With fence tester, put the ground probe (or clamp) to the ground terminal on the energizer and the metal loop (or positive clamp) at the top of the tester to the fence/positive terminal. The reading you get tells you how well the energizer is working without any other variables. If there is a very low voltage (under 4000v) or no voltage, then the energizer may have a problem. If the voltage is high (greater than 4000v) then the trouble lies with your fence. Most energizers put out between 5000v and 8000v when there is no load (i.e. no fence hooked up).
- Check that the 110v outlet is "live" by using a plug-in drill or test light.
- If the test light works and the energizer does not, call Premier.
- If it's a 12 volt energizer carry the unit to a nearby vehicle and attach the input cords carefully to the vehicle's battery.
- If the energizer now works, then your fencer's battery needs to be recharged or replaced.
- If the energizer does not work, then you should call Premier re. repairs.
If you lack a Fault Finder…
- Walk or drive along the fence looking for any point in which the energized wires touch the soil, a steel post or a steel wire. On HT wire fences, check the wires at braces to see if they are touching a hot wire. On netting, look for a hot wire touching the metal stake at the bottom of the plastic posts. Also look for damaged insulators.
- If the fence can be separated into several parts (by switches or by disconnecting parts of it), you can locate the problem by beginning at the far end and then progressively turn off or disconnect the sections of fence. When the voltage on the remaining fence rises sharply, you've located the section(s) that's causing the problems.
- The alternative to (2.) is to begin at the fencer and progressively turn on sections of the fence. When the voltage suddenly drops you can assume that the problem is in the section most recently connected.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Energizer Solar Panels and AccessoriesItem #121700 -
For all 12v energizers. Durable, safe rechargeable battery.$101.00
FencingItem #147560 -
Hot-dip galvanized for longer life.$26.75
FencingItem #147510 -
Hot-dip galvanized for longer life.$23.75
Energizer Solar Panels and AccessoriesItem #807426 -
Replacement - 120v Adaptor for Speedrite 1000, 2000 & 3000$19.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Wanted a solar fencer but could not find one with enough bite. This fencer had good reviews so I bought one. Have it permanently mounted in a shed with 110 volt and 2 permanent 6' ground rods. 10,000 volts plus on two strands of polywire each about 3/4 mile long.
I bought this to power Premier1 Electrostop fence for a herd of goats in heavy timber. Currently charging 1000 feet with no problem. All of the goats respect it. Very easy to use. I used the AC feature to train them at the house for 3 days under supervision, then DC at the remote location. I have never used electric fence before and it took only 10 minutes, including ground rods. I highly recommend. Also, excellent service from Premier1.
Mark R from florida
Ordering another 3000 to energize the high tensile fenced buck pen I've just completed building. I love the one I currently run on my net fencing. I rotatio graze with net fencing a half acre at a time of some THICK Florida pine scrub and this charger puts one heck of a "Come to Jesus" thump on the line...now, ask me how I know!!!
Vaughn S from Illinois
I just ordered another Speedrite 3000, what a great charger. I've used several different brands of chargers over the years, but I intend to use/buy Speedrite 3000s exclusively from now on. No problems at all with this charger. Outstanding product!