- 5 years probable life*
- Use for: Portable fences
- Color: White
- Size: 1.6mm diameter
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 1471 ohms per 1000' in the 1320' roll and 1972 ohms per 1000' in the 1650' roll (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Stainless steel
- Number of conductive filaments: 9 Stainless steel filaments in 1320' and 6 stainless steel filaments in the 1650' roll
- Ability to be seen by animals: Poor
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Easy to wind/rewind onto reels.
- Excellent elasticity- post spacing can be up to 35 ft
- Small diameter enables reels to hold 2000 ft
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of twine to terminal insulator.
- Unroll twine along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert twine in line posts at the right height(s) for your animals (see below).
- Attach insulators (preferably the notched PI 21n to corner and end posts.
- Tie twine to terminal insulator at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or leave it on the reel and attach to end post.
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store twine. EzeReels™ can be set on the ground next to fence. MiniReels are best hung from the fence.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
Suggested Strand Height (from ground):
- For Sheep:
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Swine:
- 3-strand fence—24", 15", 6"
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tyler F from California
So far this has been great. Carries a good charge. I’m running a single strand and it holds my cows no problem. Apparently they aren’t having any trouble seeing it!
Michael F from Tennessee
Works great / good vendor