Hotpost Springsteel Multiwire Pigtail Posts
New! Step-in pigtail fence post holds multiple electrified strands. Well-suited for temporary electric fence enclosures and intensive grazing applications. 35" height, installed.
- “Live-shaft” design with 3 built-in clips keeps strands energized even when filaments are worn or conductors are dislodged
- Dura-Top head with insulated handles makes in-field adjustments quick and easy
- Galvanized “spring” steel construction resists corrosion and permanent bending
Which pigtail is right for you?We offer several pigtail post options to fit your situation, including different heights and shaft conductivity. Visit this link to compare all pigtail post options.
- The Dura-Top head is designed to reduce tangling and eliminate wear
- “Live-shaft” is electrified from top handle to bottom insulator:
- Prevents shorts if conductors make contact with the shaft
- Conductive clips keep strands energized even when filaments are worn or damaged
- Heavy-duty construction to withstand harsh environments
- Press-formed steel “Goldfoot” for stability and easy insertion
- Gray metal pigtail, shaft and clips; UV-treated white plastic handles (top and bottom)
- 35" tall, installed; 7.5" below ground
- 7mm (.28") diameter conductive Hotpost shaft
- 3 built-in height adjustable steel clips support most electrified ropes, braids and twines
- Step-in galvanized steel foot spike
- Carry up to 30 posts “hands-free” with a Pigtail Caddy
In very dry/hard soils, drilling a pilot hole in the ground may be beneficial. You can also wet the soil at the location you plan on using the post to first soften the ground.
These posts are best used as line posts with gentle curves. They are not good to use for sharp corners.